Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

really strange problem with perspective view

Anonymous
Not applicable
I have a strange problem that I cannot seem to fix. when switching to perspective view or the 3d view settings the distance is set at 25/64" ( really really short ( see attached image )

as a result I cannot see anything in perspective, axo view works fine. When changing the settings from 25/64" to i.e. 20 feet or so it accepts the change in the input screen but when activating the view, it jumps back to 25/64" is there any way I can reset this, I seem to be unable to change this distance setting and have no idea how it got created in the first place ???

any ideas anyone ???
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable
Try the SHIFT-CLICK (place camera) and ALT-CLICK (place target) technique in your perspective settings plan window (in your image above), making sure camera and target Z-values are similar. Or place a physical camera on your plan and select it before going to 3D window. Not sure why it would be reverting to the 25/64" distance setting, but one of these might stop it doing so.

HTH
Link
Graphisoft Partner
Graphisoft Partner
This happens because you are looking straight up on your model. ArchiCAD won't accept a zero distance. Stuart's method will fix it, so will changing your camera altitude.

Cheers,
Link.