Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

selecting roof pivot line in 10

Anonymous
Not applicable
I have noticed that I have been unable to snap to or change the location of the roof pivot line in 10. This seems like a bug, but wanted to see if others have observed the same behavior. I did a few tests and discovered that the issue is related to the on screen view options of the roof pivot line. In 10, unlike 9, if the roof is selected and you have chosen to not show roof pivot lines in the view options, the roof pivot line is shown but is not editable. In my opinion we should be able to snap to and edit this pivot line. In addition if you chose to show roof pivot lines, you can not snap to the roof pivot line unless the roof is selected. This is also odd behavior and is a change from the functionality in 9.
7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable
Yes, the same behavior with me as far as needing to have pivot lines shown in view options in order to alter pivot lines.

I can, however, snap to the pivot line with the view option set either way...

Yeah, a bit different from 9.
Link
Graphisoft Partner
Graphisoft Partner
Looks like you have found a bug there Mike - it intermittently becomes unselectable after toggling the On-Screen View Options. A zoom or refresh seems to help it become reelectable.

There are people out there who don't want the roof pivot line to interfere with their everyday editing, so IMHO another bug is that the pivot line appears even when we select it when the options have them turned off.

Cheers,
Link.
Anonymous
Not applicable
I personally like the feature that even if the roof pivot line is hidden in the view options, it shows up when the roof is selected. Plan views get cluttered enough and not having the pivot line show unless the roof is selected is a nice feature. However, in order to have this beneficial we would need to be able to snap to and edit the pivot line in this mode. I am curious if there are users out there who would want the pivot line hidden even if the roof is selected.

If I have a vote as to what the "bug" is I would say that the lack of editing abilities to the pivot line when the roof is selected and "roof pivot line" is unchecked in the view options. The other part of the bug is the lack of snapping to the the pivot line when "roof pivot line" is checked and the roof is not selected.

Who decides what is a bug and how is Graphisoft notified?
Link
Graphisoft Partner
Graphisoft Partner
I am curious if there are users out there who would want the pivot line hidden even if the roof is selected.
I'm sure there are - especially when their roofs have been finalised.
If I have a vote as to what the "bug" is I would say that the lack of editing abilities to the pivot line when the roof is selected and "roof pivot line" is unchecked in the view options.
I think this is the actual purpose of unchecking that option - to reduce the clutter (or editing abilities).
The other part of the bug is the lack of snapping to the the pivot line when "roof pivot line" is checked and the roof is not selected.
Yes - indeed it is!
Who decides what is a bug and how is Graphisoft notified?
Ultimately Graphisoft, but you are always welcome to submit bug reports, usually via your reseller.

Cheers,
Link.
Thomas Holm
Booster
Link wrote:
The other part of the bug is the lack of snapping to the the pivot line when "roof pivot line" is checked and the roof is not selected.
Yes - indeed it is!
I think this bug is reported already. No harm in doing it again, though. The more reports, the more urgently will itt be fixed, I think.
AC4.1-AC26SWE; MacOS13.5.1; MP5,1+MBP16,1
Anonymous
Not applicable
Link wrote:
I think this is the actual purpose of unchecking that option - to reduce the clutter (or editing abilities).
My points is that you don't have the clutter on the plan unless you select the roof and there don't seem to be many reasons for selecting the roof unless you chose to edit it. Its the best of both worlds - reduce clutter and you don't need to activate one more toggle in order to edit. Anytime I can reduce one step I am all over it..,
Thomas Holm
Booster
Mike wrote:
Link wrote:
My points is that you don't have the clutter on the plan unless you select the roof and there don't seem to be many reasons for selecting the roof unless you chose to edit it. Its the best of both worlds - reduce clutter and you don't need to activate one more toggle in order to edit. Anytime I can reduce one step I am all over it..,
No! I often edit roof shapes, but seldom the pivot line. And since the pivot line often coincides with one of the roof's edges, it's a good to be able to turn it off even in editing.
AC4.1-AC26SWE; MacOS13.5.1; MP5,1+MBP16,1