Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

story settings

Anonymous
Not applicable
in "story setting" i have a 9'-1 1/8" t. plt for my first floor. when i open my elevations the "story level" reads 9'-1". how do i adjust the tolerance to read 1/8" fractions?

also, i want my second floor t. plt. to reference from the second finish floor as opposed to my home story. any recommendations?

thanks!
3 REPLIES 3
Check your dimension preferences: Options > Project Preferences > Dimensions, click on the Level Dimensions icon, and make sure your Fractions are set at at least 1/8" (see below).
MacBook Pro Apple M2 Max, 96 GB of RAM
AC27 US (5003) on Mac OS Ventura 13.6.2
Started on AC4.0 in 91/92/93; full-time user since AC8.1 in 2004
Anonymous
Not applicable
thanks - it worked out well.

any thoughts on the second question?
Stress Co_
Advisor
kd wrote:
any thoughts on the second question?
Open Project Preferences> Working Units & Levels. Set the Elevation of "Datum Level" to your second floor elevation (Note: You can edit the levels name too).

In your section: Select the text of the 2nd floor t.o. wall Plate Dim. Select Auto Text, set to> "to Datum level".

OR

Set the Dimension's text to "Custom Text"... and type in what you want. You may want to change the text's pen color to something like RED, so you know the dimensions is no longer associative.

From the Help Menu:
"Note:Reference Levels are display and input aids only. Changing their value has no effect on placed elements, whose actual elevation is always calculated from Project Zero."
Marc Corney, Architect
Red Canoe Architecture, P. A.

Mac OS 10.15.7 (Catalina) //// Mac OS 14.5 (Sonoma)
Processor: 3.6 GHz 8-Core Intel Core i9 //// Apple M2 Max
Memory: 48 GB 2667 MHz DDR4 //// 32 GB
Graphics: Radeon Pro 580X 8GB //// 12C CPU, 30C GPU
ArchiCAD 25 (5010 USA Full) //// ArchiCAD 27 (4030 USA Full)