Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2024 Technology Preview Program:
Master powerful new features and shape the latest BIM-enabled innovations

Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

strange problem in profile manager AC 13 on mac OS X 10.5.8

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hello everyone,

I have a strange problem in using profile manager on AC 13 mac. I create custom profile of beam, but when I draw it on a plan it disappears, actually it goes where it wants. After that, when finally I find my custom beam (usually I find it using fit in window) it does not have any active points, actually it has but very far away from real beam. It is seen on attached picture where are real beams and where are they active lines with points in the end of those lines too.

Has anyone any ideas how to solve this problem?

Picture 1.1.png
6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable
Is the profile drawn far away from its internal origin? (The one in the editor window.)
Anonymous
Not applicable
Yes, that is true, the profile is drawn far away its origin.
Anonymous
Not applicable
More over, I add additional picture to clarify the problem, maybe I explained my problem with some misunderstandings.

Even though, when I start to draw custom profile beam in a plan, the real one is far away from active line (real one is in the bottom and the active line that draw a beam is above). It is seen on a picture. However, sometimes active line is above and the real one in the bottom.
Anonymous
Not applicable
tomastk wrote:
Yes, that is true, the profile is drawn far away its origin.
This is the problem. Move it to the origin.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thank You Matthew for trying to help me. Actually I did not understand where was a problem. However, today I installed AC 14 and hopefully I do not have the same problem.
Anonymous
Not applicable
The origin of the Custom Profile is effectively the reference line of your shape. If you draw your shape a long way away from the origin your profile object will be a long way from your reference line. This will be the same in AC14.