BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

text table

Anonymous
Not applicable
How can I make text table in AC9, save as GDL object and when i place it on the plan i want to edit the text
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable
The best way just to create any Table in Excel or Word then copy/paste in to AC or PM.
If pasted in to AC then you will be promted to paste as:
1. Rich Text (RTF)
2. Drawing Element
3. Figure

1. If RTF, then only text will be pasted no border lines. And it's possible to edit text.
2. If Drawing Element, then text and border lines are pasted and text is editable.
3. If Figure then pasted as bitmap.

In to PM it you can import *.xls or *.doc files as link and doing any changes in original file will be automatic updated in PM9.

If you still need to save as GDL and edit redefine text in table, then paste into AC from Excel or Word as "Drawing Element". Drag&Drop pasted and corrected table in to "New GDL Object's" 2D Script (or save as GDL object). Create variable parameters for each text2 in Script.
But be attentive!
AC9 will automaticaly use: PARAGRAPH / ENDPARAGRAPH, TEXTBLOCK, RICHTEXT2 functions, but due a in AC9 new PARAGRAPH function dosn't works properly if variables are used.
This problem was disscused in this Forum:
http://archicad-talk.graphisoft.com/viewtopic.php?p=43616#43616

In this case you must replace all these functions with TEXT2 Function!

Another way is to use some 3rd party Table objects.
Djordje
Ace
pazzo wrote:
How can I make text table in AC9, save as GDL object and when i place it on the plan i want to edit the text
Try ArchiTabula by Cigraph. Free demo download.
Djordje

ArchiCAD since 4.55 ... 1995
HP Omen
Anonymous
Not applicable
two posts for cigraph from Djordje... what are they paying you ?!?!

cheers,
dan
Djordje
Ace
Daniel wrote:
two posts for cigraph from Djordje... what are they paying you ?!?!
Nothing.

Maybe the pleasure of getting the work done with the well thought out, well done, and constantly well supported addons?
Djordje

ArchiCAD since 4.55 ... 1995
HP Omen

Archicad no longer seems to work this way when pasting in a Word table - all lines and formatting are simply lost, and no options as to how it should be pasted are presented.

Am I missing something? 

PAUL KING | https://www.prime.net.nz
ArchiCAD 8-27 | Twinmotion 2023
Windoze 11 PC | Intel Core i9 10900K | Nvidia Gforce RTX 3080 | 32 Gb DDR3 | 2x4K monitor extended desktop
Learn and get certified!