Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

tilted walls

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi everyone

is there another way to create a tilted wall w/o using the roof's method? thanks

lovetrain

Althon 2800+ 1.GB RAM
XP pro version 9
4 REPLIES 4
Ben Odonnell
Contributor
lovetrain ,

Mark your walls, then, Extras---->Wall extras-----> then choose the appropriate wall extra.

HTH.
Cheers.
Ben
Ben O'Donnell
Architect and CTO at BIMobject®
Get your BIM objects from bimobject.com
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi Ben

where can i find the wall extras? i can only see Extras from the top menu, then accessories, then wall accessories. Did u mean that? i was'nt sure what was it u refering was wall extras?. can u show me more clearer thansk Ben.

lovetrain
__archiben
Booster
lovetrain wrote:
where can i find the wall extras? i can only see Extras from the top menu, then accessories, then wall accessories. Did u mean that? i was'nt sure what was it u refering was wall extras?
yes - he meant that. extras>wall acessories... choose 'battered wall.' be sure to have your wall selected first.

the other option is to use solid element operations - make your wall thicker than it needs to be and then subtract two sloping roofs from it. the floor plan representation won't come out right though. these methods have been discussed before here on the forum. use the search button at the top and you'll see a whole host of detailed descriptions on how to achieve this. unfortunately they're all workarounds . . . we're still waiting for graphisoft to give us something from which to produce this kind of architecture efficiently and easily . . .

~/archiben
b e n f r o s t
b f [a t ] p l a n b a r c h i t e c t u r e [d o t] n z
archicad | sketchup! | coffeecup
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks Archiben