Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Layers setting dialogue box window

TDabney
Enthusiast
Hello
I work mainly from my laptop and have a 23" screen @ work and a 21" screen @ home to give me more real estate. I am a huge fan of the new "Work Environment" in AC9 and have a pallette layout set up for each work scenario. One thing that consistently keeps happening to me though is that the Layers Settings dialogue box does not get resized to automaticly fit it which ever environment I'm working in.

For example: I'm working on the 23" screen and open up the layers settings and stretch it out to the bottom of the screen so I can see as much as possible w/out scrolling. Later on at a meeting, I'm working from just my laptop. When I open up the layers settings, the window is elongated off my laptop screen so I can't see or chose any of the buttons on the lower portion of the window.

Is there a way to resize this window and if not - can it PLEASE be made so in future updates!

Thanks, Tom
TND Architects P.L.L.C.
macOS 12.7
2021 16" MacBook Pro
Apple M1 Max
ArchiCAD 26/27
2 REPLIES 2
TDabney
Enthusiast
I would like to add one more thing - The status bar seems to not behave quite properly for me in regards to saving pallette schemes. It doesn't always get moved to it's proper location. I mostly have issues when moving from a larger screen to a smaller screen. Sometimes the windows and pallettes get left where they might be visable on the bigger screen, but are off in space on a smaller screen. Thus they are gone forever until I get back to the bigger screen.
Tom
TND Architects P.L.L.C.
macOS 12.7
2021 16" MacBook Pro
Apple M1 Max
ArchiCAD 26/27
If you have an Nvidia graphics card you can use Nview to set up the display settings you need for each program on each monitor. Other graphics cards may be programable too. I don't know. I agree with you that it should be something you can tweak with ArchiCAD settings.

ArchiCAD 25 7000 USA - Windows 10 Pro 64x - Dell 7720 64 GB 2400MHz ECC - Xeon E3 1535M v6 4.20GHz - (2) 1TB M.2 PCIe Class 50 SSD's - 17.3" UHD IPS (3840x2160) - Nvidia Quadro P5000 16GB GDDR5 - Maxwell Studio/Render 5.2.1.49- Multilight 2 - Adobe Acrobat Pro - ArchiCAD 6 -25