Archicoffee

szozdakrzysztof
Newcomer

IMG_20221223_143224.jpg

 Do You drink coffee? I do and i do it a lot. I love coffee and #bim , this is more than drug.

There is a lot of talk about BIM and its replacement in architecture. I think, I know! that BIM is not just about architecture per se. Remember that we still have specializations. Some architects socialize in medical facilities, others in office buildings, I focused on facades.

v3Image3.jpg

 I've been doing this for over 7 years, when I started in certain circles, including Facebook groups, no one was doing it except another architect. We did not fight each other, on the contrary. At the moment, people have multiplied who think that facades are simply colors. For this I use Archicad with its full capabilities, including BIM. To be able to work, I developed a template that contains all the materials I need, such as lists, formulas or graphical replacements. I just feel like a fish out of water.

Now let's consider why Archicad?

•  Great outfit 🥴
  • Simple tools
  • Gdl that can help in things that cant be done
  • Automatic data sheest
  • Those are four best points of mine.

v2Image8 (1).jpg

 Using BIM for facades is probably one of the best things I have decided on. Automatic calculation of insulation, stucco, lighting or more executive things like starting strips with a drip or expansion strips. All this model making fun is for two things: first, to create a model that will then go to twinmotion and be rendered there. On the other hand, the model must be composed in such a way as to be able to start construction.

Image6 (23).jpg

Many of the clients he works with do not understand at what stage we are talking about the design of the facade and at what stage about its finishing, it's sad. Many also do not realize the amount of work that had to be brought into their lives to make it all work now.

Image22.jpg

While drinking coffee from a white mug with the @GRAPHISOFT logo, I wonder if I prefer to train groups, solve other architects' problems or design facades? And you know what? With each sip comes a different answer, ambiguous in its sound like a rumble from a distance, theoretically everything is known, practically there are many variables. Archicad is definitely an addiction in my life, huge and impossible to eradicate. I've made several attempts to cut myself off from this program, but it's impossible once you get so deep into it. I don't have a clear project in which I participated and only it changed my attitude. My life changed when I started teaching the program, going deeper and deeper into its settings, capabilities and the fact that every problem can be solved or circumvented. If you ask me who I'd like to shake hands with, I'll answer without hesitation: Huw Roberts and his team.

Image12 (15).jpg

Wiele osób marzy o odwiedzeniu Paryża, Londynu czy Tokio. Moim największym marzeniem jest odwiedzić Graphisoft HQ 🥴

To moja Archikawa