BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

How Archicad entered into my DNA

szozdakrzysztof
Newcomer

hello, my name is Krzysztof, I am an architect, for many years at school also from the Archicad program. my adventure with this program began during my studies and that's where I found that Archicad is not suitable for my needs because it is not able to provide me with the options I need. Of course, as you can guess, I was completely wrong. my conviction that Archicad is not the program lasted for about a year, but I can't say that it was a wasted year because during that time I got to know a few other programs, including modeling, which I use to this day.

IMG_20221021_143436.jpg

After graduation, the time came to work in an architectural office, of course, the programming on which this office worked was important. I succeeded in such a way that the owners of the office bought a license for me for a year to see if such a layout would have a wider scope. On the start edition version, I managed to design an office building, a warehouse building, a few houses and my favorite theme, i.e. architecture for the river port master's office with an observation tower. on the one hand, I spent a lot of time designing, improving, correcting, and implementing new ideas while collaborating with industry professionals. Unfortunately, at that time I didn't use teamwork, it was rather that everyone worked on their own project. teamwork came a few years later and it was a trifle when designing the interior of the villa. Here I must mention that in this project I was the person responsible for the correct composition of the model, other people were involved in interior design, I was supposed to ensure that proper documentation came out of it.

in the meantime, I started my career as a person teaching Archicad, at the beginning it was group trainings, where they were complicated not by me but by another person, people who just happened to happen. and so there were people who already knew some basics and there were people who only knew about the program that it is. teaching such groups was really a challenge. It was not enough to teach mega beginners, but also to provide creative activity for people who already knew something. it was almost impossible to play two such as in one photo, but it made the Archicad even more absorbing for me.

IMG_20191119_100657.jpg

a step forward was the start of coaching and technical support for design offices. on the agreed days, I solved design problems on current burning projects, I was very often a lifeline that had to find a solution at any time. I was lucky to work on a lot of interesting projects, from multi-family buildings, through single-family houses, office and hall layouts, and a few other topics that I have committed myself not to write about. What's the best thing about this job? When starting a connection, you don't know what awaits you there 😃 A few years earlier, I took up a topic like a modeling book. And thanks to its development, I started thinking with tools and options from Archicad, a bit of a **beep** that grows every year 😃 my bottom is accused of this program and will not get rid of it anymore....