Our Community
Ask questions about this community, the platform, and any technical questions.

Editing Forum Posts

DGSketcher
Legend

We seem to have lost the ability to edit our posts, which is a bit annoying when you realise something is wrong or misleading or autocorrect chooses to destroy what you were trying to say. 🙄

Apple iMac Intel i9 / macOS Sonoma / AC27UKI (most recent builds.. if they work)
15 REPLIES 15
Miha_M
Advisor

I think I can still edit mine. It doesn't work anymore? It does, I checked it on this one. Twice.

Miha_M_1-1634830443064.png

| Archicad 4.55 - 27
| HP Z840 | 2× E5-2643 v4 | 64 GB RAM | Quadro M5000 | Windows 10 Pro x64
| HP Z4 G4 | W-2245 | 64 GB RAM | RTX A4000 | Windows 11

DGSketcher
Legend

Hmmm, seems to be working on some posts & not others?

Apple iMac Intel i9 / macOS Sonoma / AC27UKI (most recent builds.. if they work)
Karl Ottenstein

I haven't been able to edit posts since yesterday.  The admins are looking into it.

Edit: well, go figure.  I can edit this one.  So, as DGSketcher said, it is some posts and not others.  Strange!

One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
Noemi Balogh
Community Admin
Community Admin

@DGSketcher and anyone else who might experience a similar issue: may I ask you to contact me with the link to your post where you experience the issue? (3 dots next to your post > right click on Permalink and copy it. It should look like this: https://community.graphisoft.com/t5/What-s-new/Editing-Forum-Posts/m-p/311070/highlight/true#M763)

This way we have better chances to find any on-going issues. Unfortunately from the logs of the platform we couldn't find any reason why you couldn't modify your posts.

Thank you,
Noémi

Noémi Balogh

Community Expert, Admin

DGSketcher
Legend

@Noemi Balogh There's this thread ^^^.

And I first noticed it with the first post I made in this thread... https://community.graphisoft.com/t5/Developer-forum/quot-Locking-quot-available-dimensions-to-set-po...

DGSketcher
Legend

@Noemi Balogh I also noticed I can no longer Mark posts as read. Is this possibly a related failure of the sub-menus?

Screenshot 2021-10-22 at 15.09.49.png

Noemi Balogh
Community Admin
Community Admin

@DGSketcher do you experience issues with the sub menu items in general? @Karl Ottenstein is also having issues, but other moderators don't. I suspect this issue might be connected to your browser or cache. Will report these to Khoros too.

Sorry for the inconvenience and thank you for assisting me in this situation.

Noémi Balogh

Community Expert, Admin

DGSketcher
Legend

@Noemi Balogh There seems to be a general instability in the sub menus. I am using Safari on MacOS Big Sur for my Browser if that helps focus.

Noemi Balogh
Community Admin
Community Admin

Thank you for the details. I got some questions back from Khoros support. @Karl Ottenstein and @DGSketcher can you please answer me these?

1. What happens when you click on the dotted menu - is it not opening at all?
2. If the menu is opening - are you able to see the "Edit reply" link? If so - what happens if you click on it? (They saw that there is slight delay between clicking on the "Edit reply" link and the actual loading of the editor)
3. If the editor is loading - is the issue when you try to submit the edit?

Noémi Balogh

Community Expert, Admin