BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Wall accessory for making wood cladding

Pierre Polesel
Contributor

Hello,

Here is a wall accessory for making wood cladding on masonry walls.

This element makes holes in line with each opening, creates a primary framework for laying the siding and applies the siding over the entire surface of the wall.

You will be able to make precise connections in the corners, display or not coverings to the right of the openings, manage the starting position of the clapboards in the lower part and still other possibilities.

The siding can be tilted from -60° to +60°.

The connections with the roof must be managed with "Connect element to roof / shell" and not via the "solid element operations".

Watch the video to see the possibilities of this accessory.

Have fun and Happy New Year

Video download link

Bardage bois.jpg

Pierre Polesel

France

Comments
Hmooslechner
Rockstar

For me, its very interesting to see - its possible to readout the form of the openings - which i cant do until now in my objects which use the wall-addon too.

How did You make this?

Pierre Polesel
Contributor

Good evening Hmooslechner,

To tell the truth, I tried lots of differents possibilities and spent an infinite amount of time and in the end, for the openings, I used the "Cutpoly/Cutend" instruction by taking the coordinates of the openings in the variable "ac_wd_poly[i][j]" . To manage these openings, I duplicated the variable "ac_wd_poly[i][j]" to sort it in ascending order, which allowed me to manage the positioning of the vertical support profiles for the cladding between the openings.

Where I struggled the most was to find the solution to manage the coverings of the openings according to all the possibilities of windows and doors (straight, oblique, round, oval...).

You can contact me on my email adress if you want more informations : 

pierre.polesel@gmail.com 

Good evening and congratulations for all your objects - they are very interesting

Pierre

Electric Flute
Booster

It's great! I would like to try it. Where is the download link?

Most liked authors