Choose your top Archicad wishes!

Read more
Parametric design
About Rhino & Grasshopper and PARAM-O.

ARCHICAD-GRASSHOPPER 2.2

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi everyone,

I have tested the new release of ArchiCAD-Grasshopper live connection 2.2 (22.0.4027) for ArchiCAD 22.

I have some suggestions in my mind that I would like to share with you.

We can now get the ArchiCAD elements as a BREP in Grasshopper but will it be possible to also import as a mesh instead? Brep is larger than Mesh and therefore, difficult to work with for big project. It can take several minutes to get the BREP in grasshopper from the ArchiCAD elements.

And also, I would like to know if in the next version, it will be possible to get the colour of the ArchiCAD element in Grasshopper? I have this problem with window that I need to distinguish frame and glass. With colour I could do that. Is there any development for integration of colour in Grasshopper from ArchiCAD?

Thank you for your consideration and for the huge work that has been done between ArchiCAD and Grasshopper.

Best regards,

Frank
30 REPLIES 30
Daniel Kovacs
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni
chrrev wrote:
very well but at this end crashes regularly with Rhino 6 latest version (SR10)...
Hi chrrev,
  • Could you elaborate on this a little bit?
  • What Operating system? (Win 10? Win 7)
  • Which Part is crashing? ARCHICAD? Rhino? Grasshopper?
  • Are you sure you have the proper versions installed of all the tools? (build 40xx of both the connection tool and ARCHICAD 22)
  • There are some known issues of the connection tool colliding with other add-ons. Could you uninstall any other Grasshopper/Rhino Add-on, reinstall both, and see if it helps?
  • Is it working fine on the same computer with Rhino 5?
Thanks,
Daniel Alexander Kovacs

Professional Services Consultant

GRAPHISOFT

For Troubleshooting and useful Tips & Tricks visit
Daniel Kovacs
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni
felcunha wrote:
I don't know about you but I'm experiencing continuous crashing of Rhino when the AC-GH connection is on.
I've tried to start a new AC document from zero (no template), it worked some minutes but Rhino crashed again !
I was starting to do some interesting things, it's a sorrow...
I have the latest AC22 FR and Rhino 5.14.522.8390, under Windows 10 version 1803.
Hi felcunha,

I am sad to hear that (especially that rhino is the one crashing, that is harder to log/figure out). I have been using it for a while, and it seems to be working fine for me on both windows and macOS.
  • I get that it crashes for you even when you start from an empty template, but maybe there are certain steps that lead to it?
  • Are you sure you have the proper versions installed of all the tools? (build 40xx of both the connection tool and ARCHICAD 22)
  • Can you make some videos of the crashing and send them to me in a private message?
Thanks,
Daniel Alexander Kovacs

GRAPHISOFT

Daniel Kovacs
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni
Jarrod wrote:
Hello

Firstly, thank you for all your hard work on the ArchiCAD/Rhino/Grasshopper connection. I absolutely love it! I just wanted to note that the wall reference line is still fixed to the centre and there appears to be no way to change this. Any ideas when this option will be added?

Thanks in advance and keep up the hard work!

Jarrod
Hello Jarrod,

This has been a long standing wish. I agree, that this is a must have, we are just having a hard time figuring it out on the software level. I am going to nudge the development a little bit to make progress on this.

Thanks for the patience,
Daniel Alexander Kovacs

GRAPHISOFT

Daniel Kovacs
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni
aaronmauricio wrote:
"Grasshopper-ARCHICAD Live Connection for ARCHICAD 22 runs with up-to-date ARCHICAD 22 versions only, no such ARCHICAD 22 is found in the selected folder. Please select another ARCHICAD 22 folder."

Hello everyone, I just installed the latest version ARCHICAD 22, I have the same warning, could you tell me how I can install the live connection grasshopper-ARCHICAD ? Thank you!!
Hi,

Well, first you should check that you indeed have the proper version of ARCHICAD installed, and that you downloaded the right Grasshopper Connection installer.
The ARCHICAD version should be build 4023 (build 4005 won't work), and the installer should be build 4027. You can check the ARCHICAD version in the 'Help/About ARCHICAD...' menu, and you can see the version of the connection tool in the installer file's name.

If these all match, then there could be some other error here. In that case, please run the installer again, and then get the install logs, and send them to me in a Private Message. Here's how to get the installer logs (send the contents of the entire folder):
https://helpcenter.graphisoft.com/user-guide/76138/

Thanks,
Daniel Alexander Kovacs

GRAPHISOFT

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hello!

I have the same problem with install the add-on Grasshopper-Archicad Live Connection for ACH 22.
It tells me : "Grasshopper-ARCHICAD Live Connection for ARCHICAD 22 runs with up-to-date ARCHICAD 22 versions only, no such ARCHICAD 22 is found in the selected folder. Please select another ARCHICAD 22 folder."
Can you help me with an advice please?
Thank you!
Daniel Kovacs
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni
Hi,

I have seen such a message before, but in that case the 'next' button worked, and the installation went through successfully. If that is not the case then first of all make sure that you have the latest version of both ARCHICAD 22 (build 5009) and GH-AC Connection 2.2 (build 22.0.4027).

If the above all checks out and you still have issues with the installation, then please send me a picture of the error, and the contents of your installer log folder. Here's where you can find it:
https://helpcenter.graphisoft.com/user-guide/76138/

Regards,
Daniel Alexander Kovacs

GRAPHISOFT

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi,

I was just wondering if a new version of Archiad-Grasshopper live connection will be soon release? And what this new version will bring.

Best regards,

Frank
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
I would assume, since it is almost April now, and new versions are usually released around June, that the next version of the Grasshopper Connection will probably be released when the next version of ARCHICAD is released.
But this is only an assumption.
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hey LaszloNagy,

Thanks for your answer. Yes I guess a new version should be released in the coming weeks/months. Looking forward to it

Best,

Frank
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thankful to you for all your industrious work on the ArchiCAD/Rhino/Grasshopper affiliation. I absolutely treasure it. I essentially expected to observe that the divider reference line is up 'til now fixed to within and there has every one of the reserves of being no genuine method to change this. Any musings when this elective will be incorporated?

Didn't find the answer?

Check other topics in this Forum

Back to Forum

Read the latest accepted solutions!

Accepted Solutions

Start a new conversation!