BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Parametric design
About Rhino & Grasshopper and PARAM-O.
SOLVED!

Gradient of colors for composite/complex walls with attractor point

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi,
Following the successful discussion and help of Ieceta here:
https://archicad-talk.graphisoft.com/viewtopic.php?f=43&t=55756&start=20

My aim is to take produce a gradient of colors along a series of AC walls, not simply a 'random color' pattern (which was solved in the post mentioned above).

I think the best way to do it is with a normal attractor point/polyline and distance of each wall from it, but I'm not sure how to create logic between the distance parameters and the complex wall profile AC inputs.
A complex wall profile of course has its color set in AC, and so you have profiles 'color1', 'color2'.. etc. as input.

The result I wish to achieve is something like this, where the gradient is composed of 4-5 different colors.
Thank you
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solution
leceta
Expert
Variation of the same structure we used with random materials, now mapping the distances to an attractor point to a defined interval [0,1] for later making a simple linear transformation y=f(x) with the graph mapper in order to choose one of the materials (well, composites)

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Solution
leceta
Expert
Variation of the same structure we used with random materials, now mapping the distances to an attractor point to a defined interval [0,1] for later making a simple linear transformation y=f(x) with the graph mapper in order to choose one of the materials (well, composites)
Anonymous
Not applicable
Brilliant.

Thank you.

The bar graph doesn't work for me but from what I understand it's a bug fixed in newer versions. In any case the logic works.
Learn and get certified!