BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Parametric design
About Rhino & Grasshopper and PARAM-O.

Grasshopper Connection 2.0

Anonymous
Not applicable
I am using ArchiCAD 21 / Rhino-Grasshopper 5.4.2 / Grasshopper Connection 2.0 on OS 10.13.5 (High Sierra).

I am able to establish a connection, initiate curves in Rhino, manipulate in Grasshopper and send to ArchiCAD.

However, when I use the curve parameter in grasshopper and attempt to “get one curve” from ArchiCAD the selection switches to rhino instead. Is there a way to make it go to ArchiCAD for the curve?

Thank you.
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi,

Probably you got confused with geometry types.

Curves are geometry component that refers to Rhino Curve elements and it's native GH component.

If you want to reference polyline/spline form AC you need to use AC Connection elements. Such as Polyline or Spline. Those refer to AC Geometry.

I attach simple screen where GH elements are on the left and AC 2D geometry on right. Especially confusing might be point reference

Could you also change post topic to reflect problem?
Anonymous
Not applicable
That is exactly what the problem was. I watched several different grasshopper tutorials and when I started the test, I chose the wrong command in Grasshopper. Thank you!
Anonymous
Not applicable
One Step Closer...

I was able to select a closed polyline in ArchiCAD using the 2D Curve Parameter from the ArchiCAD menu in Grasshopper. In the past, I was then able to Link the 2D Curve to a Curve parameter. Unfortunately, it is now generating an error. "object reference not set to an instance of an object" Any suggestions?
Anonymous
Not applicable
I'm not sure if it ever worked. Most of the plugins doesn't have type conversion implemented on those containers. Usually this way of converting works for native components. Like LINE -> VECTOR and so on. But in those containers, you have a method to convert from one to another. In this case, GH_Curve element doesn't have a clue what kind of data you are trying to input.

In this case, I would suggest using Deconstruct Polyline (from AC Connection). This component returns also Curve.
Learn and get certified!