BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Parametric design
About Rhino & Grasshopper and PARAM-O.

Param-O Value of a variable in range

rav668
Participant

Hello Community!
I am looking for a way to lock the value of a parameter in range without going into GDL code (in Param-O). I would be grateful if someone could share the solution to this problem,
Best regards,
Rafał Rucki.

2 REPLIES 2
Marc H
Advisor

Hi Rafal,

You can see if the Min node between your Dim (or a Length) node and your shape size fits your needs. Variable ‘B’ will be a Length node set with your maximum value and set to false (visibility).  
(Note: This will still allow an excess value to display in the Dim or editable Length dialog box.)

“The best thing about the future is that it comes one day at a time.” - Abraham Lincoln

AC27 USA on 16” 2019 MBP (2.4GHz i9 8-Core, 32GB DDR4, AMD Radeon Pro 5500M 8G GDDR5, 500GB SSD, T3s, Trackpad use) running Sonoma OS + extended w/ (2) 32" ASUS ProArt PAU32C (4K) Monitors
DGSketcher
Legend

Best avoid using GDL as typing VALUES "A" RANGE [ 1.5, 6.5]  is far too complex to learn and takes ages to set up. 🙄

Sorry for the sarcasm but Param-O is the most pointless tool GS have ever generated.

Apple iMac Intel i9 / macOS Sonoma / AC27UKI (most recent builds.. if they work)
Learn and get certified!

Didn't find the answer?

Check other topics in this Forum

Back to Forum

Read the latest accepted solutions!

Accepted Solutions

Start a new conversation!