Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Project data & BIM
About BIM-based management of attributes, schedules, templates, favorites, hotlinks, projects in general, quality assurance, etc.

Common Data Environment (CDE) Recommendation UK

Hi,

Do any of the UK based community have any experience, recommendations or tips for deploying a Common Data Environment? We are looking at BIMcloud SAAS and BIM Collab as solutions and also BIM Eye but any recommendations would be great. 

Lee Hankins
ArchiCAD 4.5 - Archicad 27UKI Apple Silicon 27.2.2 | Archicad 28 TP Apple Silicon
macOS Sequoia (15)
2 REPLIES 2
scottjm
Advisor

I’m AU based, but from research recently BIMColab doesn’t have its own CDE to store models, you have to links it to a separate CDE and it allows you to view the models from the other CDE in BIMCollab and create clash issues there. 
Our firm settled on Newforma Konekt (formerly BIMTrack), it doesn’t have all the bells and whistles of some of the others, but lets upload various models and drawings and create clash issues and assign them to users. 

Scott J. Moore | Fulton Trotter Architects | BIM Manager, Associate, Architect
Since AC13 | Current versions AC23.7000 & AC26.5002 | BIMCloud Basic | Python, GDL, VBA, PHP, SQL, CSS
Certified Graphisoft BIM Manger (2022)
Win 10, i9-9900K, 32GB, Quadro P2200, 500GB NVMe

Thanks @scottjm that’s really helpful. It’ll be interesting to see how BIMcloud develops as an option. I’ll have a look at Newforma. 

Lee Hankins
ArchiCAD 4.5 - Archicad 27UKI Apple Silicon 27.2.2 | Archicad 28 TP Apple Silicon
macOS Sequoia (15)