Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2024 Technology Preview Program:
Master powerful new features and shape the latest BIM-enabled innovations

Project data & BIM
About BIM-based management of attributes, schedules, templates, favorites, hotlinks, projects in general, quality assurance, etc.

Corrupt Hotlinks turning into Ugly Groups

JaredBanks
Mentor
Has anyone ever seen this? It's driving me crazy.

about the file:
The file is in ArchiCad 9 (2219), is probably about 2 years old, and pushing 188 MB. I know it's big. There are about 20-30 hotlinks (3 building elderly housing campus, with units referenced in).

Anyways recently hotlinks have been turning themselves into groups. Which is annoying. But worse, the hotlink will become 3-4 groups and the groups will attach themselves to other parts of the drawing. So if I delete the group it might delete a hotlink on another floor. OR if I move the group it will move something on a different floor. I just think of it as a cancerous group or something. Any help??? Anyone??? We've got a deadline coming up for the CDs and I'm hoping there's a solution other than ignoring it or rebuilding the file somehow from semi-scratch.

thanks
Jared Banks, AIA
Shoegnome Architects

Archicad Blog: www.shoegnome.com
Archicad Template: www.shoegnome.com/template/
Archicad Work Environment: www.shoegnome.com/work-environment/
Archicad Tutorial Videos: www.youtube.com/shoegnome
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable
It does sound ugly. I assume you checked the hotlink manager to make sure the links are truly broken. If not it may be possible to relink them.

There are various ways to rebuild the file that might not take too long, but the methods depend on the specifics of your situation. If you really just need to get the CDs out the door and the design is not changing (ie. you are just finishing the notes and details) I think it would be reasonable to just ungroup as needed and don't bother to fix the problem.
JaredBanks
Mentor
Unfortunately there will still be too many changes between now and the end. I spent a few hours this weekend cleaning things up in the file --deleting unused layers, materials, line types, objects in the file, etc., reinserting some hotlinks-- so hopefully i fixed some things or at least slowed the corrpution.
Jared Banks, AIA
Shoegnome Architects

JaredBanks
Mentor
A thought...

The teamwork file with the corrupting hotlinks has 5-7 people working on it. I just realized 2 of the team members are in build 1812, while the rest of us are in 2219. Perhaps this had something to do with it? And I know one of the 1812ers was signing in as the administrator while I was on vacation.

I know we had issues with various builds using plotmaker (and not being able to see multiple view sets).

Has anyone else come across issues arrising form various builds on the same file?
Jared Banks, AIA
Shoegnome Architects