BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Project data & BIM
About BIM-based management of attributes, schedules, templates, favorites, hotlinks, projects in general, quality assurance, etc.
SOLVED!

Furniture, fixture and equipment? Which layer to assign ?

davide
Newcomer
I apologize for the stupid question, but I'm not a native English speaker. can someone explain to me the difference between Furniture, Fixture and Equipment to assign the layers, I am referring in particular when designing bathroom and kitchen rooms and in general the network of water systems, drainage and meteoric water. Is a dishwasher an equipment? While the wall attachment for water and waste is a fixture? A toilet or bidet, shower are fixtures or equipment. what is the shower faucet? How can I clarify my ideas? Some bibliographic or graphic references. Thanks
iMac i7 late 2009
Archicad 24
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Eduardo Rolon
- Fixtures are fixed elements, you install them and they stay there. Toilets, AC units, etc
- Furniture are "movable elements that humans use". Chairs , desks, filing cabinets.
- Equipment are elements that can be moved and require coordination with consultants like microwaves, ranges, fridges etc.
- MIllwork: cabinets
Eduardo Rolón AIA NCARB
AC27 US/INT -> AC08

Macbook Pro M1 Max 64GB ram, OS X 10.XX latest
another Moderator

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Solution
Eduardo Rolon
- Fixtures are fixed elements, you install them and they stay there. Toilets, AC units, etc
- Furniture are "movable elements that humans use". Chairs , desks, filing cabinets.
- Equipment are elements that can be moved and require coordination with consultants like microwaves, ranges, fridges etc.
- MIllwork: cabinets
Eduardo Rolón AIA NCARB
AC27 US/INT -> AC08

Macbook Pro M1 Max 64GB ram, OS X 10.XX latest
another Moderator

davide
Newcomer
Thanks
iMac i7 late 2009
Archicad 24
Learn and get certified!

Didn't find the answer?