Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Project data & BIM
About BIM-based management of attributes, schedules, templates, favorites, hotlinks, projects in general, quality assurance, etc.

Interior Elevations - Layers and front/back Keep Changing

Anonymous
Not applicable
We're experiencing serious interior elevation woe's at my office. For some reason the layers in our int. elevations keep changing on us. For example: For an interior elevation of an accessible bathroom with grab bars (the grab bars are 3d objects). we'll draw in a rectangular fill box that denotes the blocking behind the grab bar. Randomly regardless of whether someone's touched the archicad file or not, sometimes the fill will appear to cover the grab bar and we'll have to alter it's display by sending backwards. othertimes, the fill will disappear behind the wall and we'll have to send the wall backwards.

VERY ANNOYING b/c we have to triple check our elevations every time we print to make sure every thing looks correct.

Other info about our files...they are teamwork files. It happens not only with fills, but w/lines, drawn in 2d as well as 3d objects from the model. Working in Archicad 14 and all hotfixes are up to date. Again....it happens for example, even when the last team member saves for the night, and then opens first thing in the morning...so it's not like someone's been working in the model.

Any help would be great!
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi. Having the same problem here..... did anyone figure out what the problem is....or how to work around it? (archicad 16 - latest hotfix, teamwork)
Anonymous
Not applicable
I haven't seen this myself but it does not surprise me. I assume that it has to do with the inherent difficulty of keeping track of the display order of various 3D components in the various views in which they are visible relative to the 2D elements added to those views. I doubt there is much you can do to prevent this from happening.

I would suggest replacing the fill with line work or cutting away the parts of the fill that are obscuring the grab rail. The method depending on whether you want just a dashed line or are using a shaded area to represent the backing.

There are also way to do this with 2D or 3D library parts but I suspect this would be more trouble than it's worth.
rocorona
Booster
Make a Patch. When it is on top, then all will be fine.
Not my preferred tool... but it works.

--Roberto Corona--
www.archiradar.com
AC18 - ITA full on Win10