Project data & BIM
About BIM-based management of attributes, schedules, templates, favorites, hotlinks, projects in general, quality assurance, etc.

Is there a method to automate the conversion of various classifications?

Otavio Augusto
Certified Trainer

Hello, I am currently updating an office template and I would like to know if there is a way to automate the conversion of different classifications.
Like if someone would copy an element from an older project and paste in a new one.

Maybe something like the IFC translator does?

Thanks 

1 REPLY 1
Vinicius Lima
Booster

If both files have the same Classification System name, AND the same classifications are available (exactly classes names - no need to be same organization), it should work properly, without losing connections (Properties, Favorites and Schedules). Anyway, if you are creating a new classification system "from scratch" you will need to double check your template IFC Type Mapping. But, if you are eliminating some classifications, or changing their names, I suggest you naming this new Classification System differently, and than create a Quality Assurance "Schedule" with two columns: the old and the new Classifications Systems, that way in less than an hour you can fix every missing/wrong classifications in the new Classification System.

- Vinícius Lima - user since Archicad 12
from Brazil
Apple MacBook Pro 16" 2023 | M2 Pro | 16Gb RAM | macOS Ventura 13.5.2