Due to a scheduled maintenance, a maximum 20 minutes license delivery outage may be expected on July 6 2024 (Saturday) between 6PM to 8PM (CEST).
Project data & BIM
About BIM-based management of attributes, schedules, templates, favorites, hotlinks, projects in general, quality assurance, etc.

Automated Sequencing Using Property Manager

KGANCEDO
Newcomer

I'm skeptical you can do this, but I'm hoping to create an automated numbering system in an expression based on a combination of options. 

Here's the exact situation:

I have Option Set 1 for Brand name.

I have Option Set 2 for Brand Specifications.

I have an expression that generates a tag that pulls "Letter" from Brand and "Number" from specification, so the Tags looks like this: A1, A2, B1, B2, B3, C4, etc. 

My specifications are quite specific, so the tags are going to appear more similar to this: A1, A2, A3, B4, B5, B6, C7, C8 because there's only a slim chance that we'll have the same Specifications with two different brands. I'd like to automate the numbering system so that it restarts with each new letter: A1, A2, A3, B1, B2, B3, B4, C1, C2 instead. I'm trying to set it up so that if anybody goes into the property manager, they only add one thing to a single property set, rather than try and create new property sets and new classifications. Is this possible? Of course I could just simplify this and remove the letter if each spec is different, but that's not an option given our office standards. I could also just label everything manually in the option sets, but again, I'm hoping this can be automated. Any help would be much appreciated!

0 REPLIES 0