BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Project data & BIM
About BIM-based management of attributes, schedules, templates, favorites, hotlinks, projects in general, quality assurance, etc.

Layer combination confusion

700c
Participant
For some reason my interior elevations will only show the layer combination that's currently applied to the floor plan. If I try to change them to a different layer combination, the little exclamation point appears in the interior elevation tab, but nothing changes in the view. I've tried changing view settings for the interior elevations, but same issue. What am I missing?
13 REPLIES 13
Hello 700c,

Do you try to select your both views and apply the same layer combination ?
You are able to duplicate your layer combination to link it to both in a second time.
Christophe - FRANCE
Archicad Designer and Teacher
Archicad 15 to 27 FRA FULL

OS 11.6 Big Sur - MacBook Pro 2017 - 16Go RAM
"Quality is never an accident ; it's always the result of an intelligent effort" John Ruskin
700c
Participant
Yes, nothing seems to work. I've tried making an entirely new layer combination and that cannot be applied to the interior elevations either. They always instantly flick back to the layer combination that's current in the floor plan even though the view settings for the interior elevation assign a different layer combination.
Hello 700c,

I'm sure I'm able to find the reason by reading your pln file.
Christophe - FRANCE

"Quality is never an accident ; it's always the result of an intelligent effort" John Ruskin
700c
Participant
Christophe,

Thank you - is there a way I can upload it to you privately?
You are able to find my email adresse by clicking on "Christophe - FRANCE" just under this message or you can send me a private message by Graphisoft Forum.
Christophe - FRANCE

700c
Participant
Sometimes the simplest solution is the one that works. After trying to figure this out for nearly an entire day, I closed and reopened the interior elevation tab and the problem spontaneously resolved. Must have been a temporary glitch related to that particular tab. Thanks for your offer to help.
Anonymous
Not applicable
We are experiencing the same problem throughout our office, especially with interior elevations. So I am calling this a bug and it needs to get fixed. If anyone has insight into this problem please post.
Minh Nguyen
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni
Eric wrote:
We are experiencing the same problem throughout our office, especially with interior elevations. So I am calling this a bug and it needs to get fixed. If anyone has insight into this problem please post.
Hi Eric,

Thank you for sharing the issue and I am sorry about the experience!

I have tried to replicate this issue on a brand new template file, but I couldn't make this issue happen (the attached GIF will show you my set up). Since I haven't found any similar reports like this in our database, could you provide a bit more information for further investigation?
- Which ARCHICAD version are you using, on which platform?
- Does it happen with every file, even a new one, or with only a specific one?
- Is it a Teamwork file, or a solo project file?

Looking forward to hearing from you soon!

Best regards,
Minh

Minh Nguyen
Technical Support Engineer
GRAPHISOFT

christiandcdc
Participant
Minh,

I have been having this problem on some projects and not others. I found this thread and confirm the interior elevations will only show the layer combination that is on the open floor plan regardless of combination assigned to elevations. This in v23 with latest update 4006. The particular files are solo projects migrated up from v20 (but not all migrated files). Note the elevations are both migrated and newly created.

I'll have to go check my few from scratch v23 projects.
MacBook Pro
Mac OS X Lion 10.12.4
2.5 GHz Intel Core i7
16 GB RAM
AC 20 USA
Learn and get certified!