Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2024 Technology Preview Program:
Master powerful new features and shape the latest BIM-enabled innovations

Project data & BIM
About BIM-based management of attributes, schedules, templates, favorites, hotlinks, projects in general, quality assurance, etc.

Nested Module's layer on/off has no effect

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi all,

i am working on a project with the following structure:

boundaries.pln & housetype.pln moduled into lotnumber.pln
then, lotnumber.pln moduled into masterplan.pln

module housetype.pln is on layer 'archicad layer'
module boundaries.pln is on 'boundaries layer'
module lotnumber.pln is on 'lotnumber layer'

so masterplan.pln file has the module layer 'lotnumber layer' and the nested module layers 'boundaries layer' & obviously 'archicad layer'

when working in masterplan.pln if i turn off 'lotnumber layer' then the house type turns off and the boundaries turn off. however if i only turn off 'boundaries layer' then nothing happens, the boundaries still show.

why does turning off a nested module's layer have no effect?

this problem is occuring in AC12
1 REPLY 1
adzik
Newcomer
Hello!

If I'm not mistaken, then the actual elements that are in the module file must have the same layer name as the one you are turning off in your masterplan file. This can be achieved either by moving all elements in the module file to a single layer with the same name as the module-layer is in the masterplan file or by creating the layers inside the module file also in the masterplan file and then switching them off in the masterplan file.

Sorry, if I've got it wrong - haven't used AC12 for a while now but I remember it working this way in either 13 or 14.
Running ArchiCAD 23 INT.