Project data & BIM
About BIM-based management of attributes, schedules, templates, favorites, hotlinks, projects in general, quality assurance, etc.

Off shore outsourcing documentation Mixed Archicad versions

nbrauer718
Contributor

Hi Folks,

I'm too busy to do all the drawings for my house, and have started looking for help on Fiverr.  Plenty of eager qualified folks in the world, but so far none of them have access to Archicad 27. 

Is there an efficient work flow for me to share my 27 model with someone working in 24 or 25? 

Seems like I'd need to go back to an earlier version if I want to be able to work collaboratively. (Giving up the search function is the most daunting part of the earlier version.)

Also, is there a difference between the USA version and INT. versions of the software beyond the library?

Thanks for any insights.

3 REPLIES 3
Barry Kelly

If you want to collaborate and the others can't upgrade their version to 27, then you would need to use an earlier version as you surmised (or constantly have to save back to 25).

Yes the libraries are different, but you can use the INT library in the USA version and vice versa.

You just need to install both version to get to the library.

USA has ground floor as 'Storey 1' where as INT has ground floor as 'Storey 0'.

That shouldn't cause any problems of course.

Imperial / Metric measurements are just project settings - use what you want.

Barry.

One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
nbrauer718
Contributor

Thanks for the feed back. Not sure I understand comment about stories.  Will or won't cause problems?

Next challenge/annoyance is I'm not familiar with any way of selecting which version you save back to, other than the one immediately previous (27 saves to 26; 26 saves to 25; etc.)

So file would require two saves to to go backward?  And Library would need to be embedded in each save?

Sorry that was a typo (fixed now).

Stories shouldn't cause a problem.

Yes, you can only save back one version at a time.

You shouldn't need to embed the libraries as they should migrate backwards as well - just load the earlier library version.

But not every object will migrate back, just as not every object ,migrates forward.

That is why it is always best to work in a common version.

The only objects you will need to embed are those you have created yourself in version 27.

They need to be embedded so they get saved back in the older GDL formats.

Old versions can't read objects created in newer version.

Barry.

One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11