Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2024 Technology Preview Program:
Master powerful new features and shape the latest BIM-enabled innovations

Project data & BIM
About BIM-based management of attributes, schedules, templates, favorites, hotlinks, projects in general, quality assurance, etc.

fixed layer combination with the 3d view ?!

Anonymous
Not applicable
how can i make fixed layer combination without change layer combination for each time when i need to see my all project as 3d "a certain layer combination where all layers is visible "
4 REPLIES 4
Erika Epstein
Booster
You can create multiple Layer Combinations to reflect the layers you want showing for each type of drawing. In the Archicad Help or Reference Manual pdf look up Layer Combinations. It will explain how to create them. Once created you can save with the view the desired layer combination.
Erika
Architect, Consultant
MacBook Pro Retina, 15-inch Yosemite 2.8 GHz Intel Core i7 16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
Mac OSX 10.11.1
AC5-18
Onuma System

"Implementing Successful Building Information Modeling"
Karl Ottenstein
As suggested by Erika, you need to learn about "Views" - each of which has an associated layer combination. Typically, once views are set up, you work almost exclusively in views.

If you need a 3D view with all layers on, create such a layer combination, and create such a view.

Do note that there is only one active layer combination for all modeling viewpoints - plans, sections/elevations, 3D, etc. So, if you switch viewpoints in Navigator you will not change the layer combo. If you switch VIEWS, you will also switch to the layer combo saved with the view.
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.9, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
Anonymous
Not applicable
the method i used is to save current view of generic perspective and choose for it a layer combo i named it 3D view and opend all layers for it . is that right ?!
Erika : "You can create multiple Layer Combinations to reflect the layers you want showing for each type of drawing."what i talk abot is to show all layers in 3d for each type of drawings ... to sure that my coordinate is right .
Erika Epstein
Booster
Hi Khater,
You can have working layer combinations that show just the 3D model with no annotations. This is very useful as you have discovered

In your Layer Settings window cmd/ctrl+L on the right side turn on all your 3D Layers and then on the left side create a layer combination that saves these layers. Check the Archicad Help for additional information on creating layer combinations.

In your quick views palette you will be able to quickly toggle between layer combinations or as Karl elaborated, save a view. Working views, like working layer combinations are smart working methods.
Erika
Architect, Consultant
MacBook Pro Retina, 15-inch Yosemite 2.8 GHz Intel Core i7 16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
Mac OSX 10.11.1
AC5-18
Onuma System

"Implementing Successful Building Information Modeling"