BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Sustainable design
About EcoDesigner, Energy Evaluation, Life Cycle Assessment, etc.

General information needed, i.e. overhangs

Anonymous
Not applicable
I am trying to use the energy modeling in AC17 to look at solar heat gain of different orientations, window locations and shading devices. Is this possible?

I am concerned because in the Opening Properties under shading device there are many options one of which is overhang. All of the characteristics of this overhang would be necessary in order to truly model the solar heat gain from the window, but you do not input any of this information. Is there another menu or is the model reading the beams that are modeled above the window as a shading device or the roof overhang to determine the location and characteristics of the overhang?

Is there a outline of how to read the Evaluation Report? I would like to see a document that goes through the information and explains how this information is calculated and what it is using to determine the information. Otherwise you do not know how accurate it is.

Any resources on how to use the feature would be appreciated. I have seen the webinars on the Graphisoft website, but that is all I know. Other resources?
Thanks,
pam
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi,

You can review the properties of shading device from
Graphisoft/ArchiCAD 17/Add-Ons/EnergyEvaluation/AUS(or USA or INT)/ShadingCatalog.xml

Here, you can adjust or add more shading devices.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Kevin,
Have similar question...is that reference you gave before still good ?
Thanks!
Learn and get certified!