BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Sustainable design
About EcoDesigner, Energy Evaluation, Life Cycle Assessment, etc.

Questions-Please help.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi!

I would like to know:

1. if it is possible to edit or personalize the reports generated by EcoDesigner STAR like the font style, size, color, etc...?
2. Does the energy simulation work on thermal blocks that contain hotlinked elements?
3. Is the report generated by EcoDesigner enough to be shown as proof for LEED accreditation?
4. How should Thermal blocks be done properly because I am encountering errors such as thermal blocks do not contain structures or elements, or zones have errors (but the error is not specified)? So the energy simulation fails every time.

I would greatly appreciate help and answers. Thank you!
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable
Mia wrote:
Hi!

I would like to know:
Mia wrote:
1. if it is possible to edit or personalize the reports generated by EcoDesigner STAR like the font style, size, color, etc...?
you can alter some of units and modify the header from the PDF but not font style, size, color, Perhaps this can be added to wishlist to GS ED* development team.
Mia wrote:
2. Does the energy simulation work on thermal blocks that contain hotlinked elements?
yes it does.
Mia wrote:
3. Is the report generated by EcoDesigner enough to be shown as proof for LEED accreditation?
Not with the Energy Evaluation tool, but Graphisoft will be releasing EcoDesigner STAR and it will be used to support some credits(i.e) EAP1, C1 in LEED Certification.
Mia wrote:
4. How should Thermal blocks be done properly because I am encountering errors such as thermal blocks do not contain structures or elements, or zones have errors (but the error is not specified)? So the energy simulation fails every time.
Try to update the zones or find out if you have entered all the information correctly, such as R(U) values.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thank you very much!

Though with the font style, size and color, I was able to change it when the report was generated. I used EcoDesigner STAR for ArchiCAD 16.
GSAUS_Kevin wrote:
Mia wrote:
Hi!

I would like to know:
Mia wrote:
you can alter some of units and modify the header from the PDF but not font style, size, color, Perhaps this can be added to wishlist to GS ED* development team.
Mia wrote:
yes it does.
Mia wrote:
Not with the Energy Evaluation tool, but Graphisoft will be releasing EcoDesigner STAR and it will be used to support some credits(i.e) EAP1, C1 in LEED Certification.
Mia wrote:
Try to update the zones or find out if you have entered all the information correctly, such as R(U) values.
Learn and get certified!

Didn't find the answer?

Check other topics in this Forum

Back to Forum

Read the latest accepted solutions!

Accepted Solutions

Start a new conversation!