Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Teamwork & BIMcloud
About Teamwork, BIMcloud, BIMcloud Basic, BIMcloud Software as a Service, network settings, etc.

PC Archicad 15 on a MAC with Parallels

Anonymous
Not applicable
this is how a company I'm trying to do a short term contract for does their archicad. Why they do it this way is not my concern and is out of my hands.

I was able to load PC AC 15 on my 2011 MacBook Pro, using Parallels, an I can open the program, however, every time I try to access a teamwork file from the BIM server I get a message like "your computer does not have enough memory for this operation".

My laptop is pretty new, I don't have huge amounts of movies, or large files, I've added memory to the virtual machine, but I just don't know what else to try.

Any ideas?
21 REPLIES 21
Anonymous
Not applicable
ralph, project seems to be working fine on all the other computers. they are running bootcamp. I'm trying to set up windows in bootcamp, but that's a whole other situation.

The biggest pain in the rear is the inconvenience in reallocating the partitions in boot camp. without some other third party program you have to completely reinstall windows everytime you chnage the partitions.

I really don't know what the deal is. They just upgraded their server we'll see if that helps.
owen
Newcomer
Which version of Parallels are you running? After upgrading to Parallels 7 i found I never needed to boot into my Bootcamp partition ... i'm running suite of Autodesk products (Revit, Navis) plus various Win-only IFC tools perfectly well in Parallels and the integration back into the Mac environment is pretty seamless (e.g right-click on files in the OSX Finder, 'Open With' and it includes your Parallels apps in the apps available).

After a month of not using Bootcamp I migrated that partition completely into a VM and removed the Bootcamp partition. I think the performance hit is negligible for nearly all tasks - e.g my Cinebench results in Parallels are not far off those for the native OSX Cinebench, allowing for me not dedicating all cores to the VM which i found surprising

cheers,

os
cheers,

Owen Sharp

Design Technology Manager
fjmt | francis-jones morehen thorp

iMac 27" i7 2.93Ghz | 32GB RAM | OS 10.10 | Since AC5