Teamwork & BIMcloud
About Teamwork, BIMcloud, BIMcloud Basic, BIMcloud Software as a Service, network settings, etc.

Project Backup and Restore settings

Anonymous
Not applicable
Is there a way to change the default settings of "Project Backup and Restore" settings in the bimserver or in a template?
It's set to a frequency that's overloading our servers and I have to reset every project manually.

I'd like to set it down to:
PLN backup every 7 day, keep 1
and
BIMProject backup every day, keep 3

Bimserver disks are backed up daily to two different locations so I don't need that many copies. Total size is about 70GB and that times 10 .pln and 10 .BIMProject is a lot of disk space.

Anyone?
4 REPLIES 4
Ed_Brown
Graphisoft
Graphisoft
BIMcloud projects inherit their backup settings from their parent folder. You can set the default settings for all projects by setting this value at the Projects folder level. See the below screen shot. (BIM Server does not support inheritance, so you must set each project)
Backups.jpg
Graphisoft Technical Support
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thank you Ed!

Unfortunately it's not Bimcloud and the backup button is not visible in Bimserver. Or am I missing something?
TW-backup.PNG
Ed_Brown
Graphisoft
Graphisoft
BIM Server does not have the BACKUP page. So unless you upgrade to BIMcloud (hint hint) you need to set each project manually.
Graphisoft Technical Support
Anonymous
Not applicable
So you will implement this in the next hotfix then? (Hint hint). 😉