Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Visualization
About built-in and 3rd party, classic and real-time rendering solutions, settings, workflows, etc.

Adding roof accessories creates a huge artlantis file

Anonymous
Not applicable
i have a house design which i would like to have a roof which actually looks realistic, so i have added the roof tile accessory to the roof, this slows down my computer a little, however, when i save it as an artlantis file it becomes a 150 Mb file, which really slows things down, it will also not render anything larger than the 768 x 576 PAL option.is there a way of producing a realistic roof style without making such a large file and slowing everything down?
cheers for your help

archicad 12
artlantis 2.0.3
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable
ok found out that i had put the roof acessories on twice which when deleated made the artlantis file to 79Mb. can now render in larger size.
so whats the go with large files?
but still a little slow, and havnt started to add anything like textures/shaders/materials or objects

any options for making it a smaller file?
also, in archicad is there a way of adding ridge tiles without doing each ridge individually?
ie. something like the roof acessory where you just click on the roof and it adds them automatically?

Wokka
Contributor
This is the add-on you want if you want realism to your designs.

http://www.cadimagetools.com/tools.aspx?id=28

It will increase your file size when you export signifcantly as it is altered from a GDL generated object to millions of faces. You can use this to add all your gutters downpipes and ridges and keep the actual roof material as a flat sheet with good a texture.
Also, check out the GDL depository for roof accessories. i thought there used to be ridges etc in there.
Good luck.
Warwick Lloyd-Martin
3 D E N V I R O N M E N T
http://www.3de.com.au
Windows 11 Pro 64bit
ArchiCad 4.55>27 AUS
Lumion 12.5/2023
D5 Render
Anonymous
Not applicable
When I doing renders I only add things like roof accessories to the faces I will see in the render. In an effort to reduce file size and render time.