on 2017-11-24 11:00 AM - edited on 2023-05-15 02:43 PM by Noemi Balogh
Users with an active SSA (Software Service Agreement) may download an exclusive set of 500+ additional surfaces, which are not included with the standard Archicad library. Please follow these steps to download and load the catalog to your project:
4. a page will open in your web browser. From this page download the ZIP file and extract it to a location on your computer or office server.
5. Return to Archicad and close the Surface Settings dialog box.
6. Open the Library Manager to add the Additional Surfaces to your project(s) by browsing for the newly downloaded and unzipped Additional Surface Catalog library container file (.lcf).
7. Now return to the Surface Settings dialog box and navigate to the folder where you want to import the new surface.
8. Click the "New..." button and select the New Surface option. From the resulting dialog choose "New from Catalog".
9. Browse in the area below to Linked Libraries > Additional Surface Catalog, then select and double-click the desired surface to load. You may load one surface at a time in this manner.
Is there a way to add all surfaces that are in the catalog for SSA Users at the same time?
I'm wondering the same thing - can we add all of the surfaces/materials at the same time?
Same question : can we add all of the surfaces/materials at the same time?
As Nick said in the article ...
"You may load one surface at a time in this manner."
Actually there is a way to import all surfaces in one go.
There is a command you can add to a menu in your Work Environment.
It will add all surfaces currently in your loaded library.
But be aware, it will delete all of your current surfaces attributes.
So do this in a separate file that you can save and then import them with the Attribute Manager (all or just the ones you want) into your template or other files.
Rad! Thanks Barry!
But I still have a problem.
I can't select. It's like it's frozen
Can you help me?
On the right hand side, you have to have a menu open to be able to add the command.
Is that it?
Oh I found it. On the right you have to create a new menu to be able to add the order. Is that it?
You can create a new menu or just have one of the existing menus open and add it to that.
thank you so much! i found it!
There is no rational basis for this command to delete all the extant surfaces, and I think most users would find that result "surprising".