BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Visualization
About built-in and 3rd party, classic and real-time rendering solutions, settings, workflows, etc.

ArchiCAD 22 - Twinmotion 2019 DirectLink

cgrimley
Contributor
For the life of me, I cannot get an ArchiCAD model to open in Twinmotion 2019. I've installed the Twinmotion plugin, I've got Twinmotion installed. I have a 3D window open (tried both perspective and axonometric view) and I hit the 'directlink' option from the pull down menu. Twinmotion opens a blank file, and Archicad just gives me a 'Synchronization with Twinmotion' progress box. Nothing happens. I've waited for 30+ minutes. It's a very simple model.

Any thoughts?
Casey Grimley
AC24
iMac Pro (2017) - macOS 10.14.6- 3.2GHz Intel Xeon W - 32GB RAM - Radeon Pro Vega 56 8GB
13 REPLIES 13
Minh Nguyen
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni
Hi Casey,

To follow up with my previous answer, I had some help from Epic Games. Can you please check the plugin version number found in the “About” under the Twinmotion 2020 menu inside Archicad? We would like to make sure the right version is being installed first.

Also, something else important to know, that Twinmotion needs to be opened at least once before trying to do a synchronization.

Now for the computer specs, we doubt this would be the issue and if that was the case, we would think that Twinmotion should at least start. We think it has to be something else.

So if we could get the Plugin version number from you, that would be a good place to start!

Looking forward to hearing from you soon!

Best regards,
Minh

Minh Nguyen
Technical Support Engineer
GRAPHISOFT

cgrimley
Contributor
The plugin version is v1.9.5. Downloaded from Epic Games Launcher. I've reinstalled it several times, and made sure everything is up to date (ArchiCAD, Epic Games, Twinmotion).
I've created a new user on my computer to try installing it from there as well (it's worked with other software in the past)
Casey Grimley
AC24
iMac Pro (2017) - macOS 10.14.6- 3.2GHz Intel Xeon W - 32GB RAM - Radeon Pro Vega 56 8GB
cgrimley
Contributor
Also, I have opened Twinmotion and imported models that were saved from Archicad and Sketchup, so I know that Twinmotion is working properly.
Casey Grimley
AC24
Minh Nguyen
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni
Thank you for the information! Have you got the chance to update Twinmotion to 2020.1.1 yet?

Best regards,
Minh

P/s: by the way, in the About dialog, may I ask what comes after the string "v1.9.5"?

Minh Nguyen
Technical Support Engineer
GRAPHISOFT

Learn and get certified!