cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Starting August 6, 2024, TLS 1.2 will be the minimum required protocol version for Graphisoft products and services that require an online connection. Learn more…
Visualization
About built-in and 3rd party, classic and real-time rendering solutions, settings, workflows, etc.

Backgrounds and photos in Cinerender

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi All,

Its been a while since Ive photorendered projects in ArchCAD so the preferences have changed a bit.

Im using ver. 23 on a mac.

My problem is that CineRender doesn't recognize background photos, it recognizes them in the Basic Renderer option. The background photo is there in the setup box, I can move it around to the right location in proportion to the perspective graphic but when I push CineRender, it doesn't turn up. It works with the Basic Renderer but I need the better quality.

I have also used an imported photo as art work on a wall, this also doesn't show up in a Cine Render Projection.

There is a little button in the Photorender settings dialogue box which is called " Blend image with model using alpha" Im assuming that might be the button? If it is, the problem is that it is greyed so is unable to be used.

I assume I am missing a settings switch which will allow the photos to be recognized but I have tried every where to find it. Any help much appreciated.

Thanks
Andrew Lister
3 REPLIES 3
David Maudlin
Rockstar
andrewlister wrote:
My problem is that CineRender doesn't recognize background photos, it recognizes them in the Basic Renderer option. The background photo is there in the setup box, I can move it around to the right location in proportion to the perspective graphic but when I push CineRender, it doesn't turn up. It works with the Basic Renderer but I need the better quality.
If you are using the HDRI Sky (Environment > HDRI Sky), uncheck Sky Visibility under the HDRI Sky options. Set your background photo under Background > Image.

David
David Maudlin / Architect
www.davidmaudlin.com
Digital Architecture
AC27 USA • iMac 27" 4.0GHz Quad-core i7 OSX11 | 24 gb ram • MacBook Pro M3 Pro | 36 gb ram OSX14
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks! That solved my background picture, the photo i have inserted into the picture frame doesn't turn up still. Any help there much appreciated.

Its the picture object where you can add your own picture. It shows up in perspective views but not photorender.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Genius!! Thank you so much, I knew it was something simple.

Thank you so much David

David wrote:
andrewlister wrote:
If you are using the HDRI Sky (Environment > HDRI Sky), uncheck Sky Visibility under the HDRI Sky options. Set your background photo under Background > Image.

David