Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Visualization
About built-in and 3rd party, classic and real-time rendering solutions, settings, workflows, etc.
SOLVED!

Curved facade with tiles

Anonymous
Not applicable
I am making a curved facade with tiles. I know the precise measurements of the tiles. I choose the default tile material of 15X15. If mines have 45x90, how can I change de dimensions of the exterior texture of archicad.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Erwin Edel
Rockstar
In Surface Settings click 'New...', then you can pick 'New from Catalog', which will open a library manager-ish panel where you can click on Linked Libraries and then the ArchiCAD library.

You can either browse the folders or you can type some keywords in the search dialogue like 'brick' or 'tile' or 'blue' and you will get search results.

All these surfaces are optimised for Cinerender and ready to go, so I find it often easier to get, for example, grey tiles that look proportionally ok and then change them to be brown or something. Or create a brick surface and swap out the textures with textures I downloaded from manufacturer.
Erwin Edel, Project Lead, Leloup Architecten
www.leloup.nl

ArchiCAD 9-26NED FULL
Windows 10 Pro
Adobe Design Premium CS5

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Erwin Edel
Rockstar
There are (ussually) 3 things to manipulate: texture for the 3D view in OpenGL, vectorial pattern for 2D views (elevation, section) and cinerender settings for photorendering.

You could stretch the 15x15 texture to be 45x90, but the grooves will not look so nice.

You can easily manipulate a 15x15 vectorial pattern to be 45x90.

The cinerender surface settings could be either a texture or it could be a procedural shader. Texture stretching is the same as with the 3D OpenGL one: grooves might not look good. Procedural shader should just adapt to look good when you change the 'Size' settings.

All that said, if you create a new surface from library (catalog), I think you will find there are rectangular tile presets to choose from that would look nicer when you upscale them to 45x90.
www.leloup.nl

ArchiCAD 9-26NED FULL
Windows 10 Pro
Adobe Design Premium CS5
Anonymous
Not applicable
Could you specify how can I create the surface from the library.

Regards
Solution
Erwin Edel
Rockstar
In Surface Settings click 'New...', then you can pick 'New from Catalog', which will open a library manager-ish panel where you can click on Linked Libraries and then the ArchiCAD library.

You can either browse the folders or you can type some keywords in the search dialogue like 'brick' or 'tile' or 'blue' and you will get search results.

All these surfaces are optimised for Cinerender and ready to go, so I find it often easier to get, for example, grey tiles that look proportionally ok and then change them to be brown or something. Or create a brick surface and swap out the textures with textures I downloaded from manufacturer.
www.leloup.nl

ArchiCAD 9-26NED FULL
Windows 10 Pro
Adobe Design Premium CS5
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thx