Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2024 Technology Preview Program:
Master powerful new features and shape the latest BIM-enabled innovations

Visualization
About built-in and 3rd party, classic and real-time rendering solutions, settings, workflows, etc.

Help: General light is not showing in 3d rendering

Anonymous
Not applicable
I am using archicad 14 and i used the general light sources (light cone down) and when i render its not showing (the lighting) in the rendering why is that? please help and thanks
13 REPLIES 13
David Maudlin
Rockstar
Reem_92:

I think the problem is that the sphere shown in Untitled.gif is the extent (Light Stops) of the light source, so this needs to be increased.

You should add a Signature to your Profile (click the Profile button near the top of this page) with your ArchiCAD version and operating system (see mine for an example) for more accurate help in this forum.

David
Gen-Light-Max-Distance.gif
David Maudlin / Architect
www.davidmaudlin.com
Digital Architecture
AC27 USA • iMac 27" 4.0GHz Quad-core i7 OSX11 | 24 gb ram • MacBook Pro M3 Pro | 36 gb ram OSX14
Anonymous
Not applicable
If the problem is the lights around the base of the unit, I would suggest lifting the lights slightly above the floor surface.
David Maudlin
Rockstar
On closer inspection of Untitled.gif, the lights are not spheres but look like cones, pointing away from the base.

Reem_92:
Post a screen shot of the dialog box for one of these lights, with the Light Settings area under Parameters expanded.

David
David Maudlin / Architect
www.davidmaudlin.com
Digital Architecture
AC27 USA • iMac 27" 4.0GHz Quad-core i7 OSX11 | 24 gb ram • MacBook Pro M3 Pro | 36 gb ram OSX14
Anonymous
Not applicable
I looked at david's pictures and that what i wanted to do, i think the problem was the cone light, i replaced it with the circular one and it worked fine
thxxx alot everyone