Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Visualization
About built-in and 3rd party, classic and real-time rendering solutions, settings, workflows, etc.

How do I slow down my ArchiCAD 9 animations?

Anonymous
Not applicable
I am trying to make my first rendered animation in ArchiCAD 9.
Everything looks great, but my movie is over in seconds.

How do I make a longer, and much slower Quicktime movie in ArchiCAD 9? Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Grenderer
5 REPLIES 5
Dwight
Newcomer
Study the compression settings box for animations to see the frame rate choices,but accelerating and decelerating the animation camera path smoothly is impossible.
Dwight Atkinson
Anonymous
Not applicable
grenderer wrote:
How do I make a longer, and much slower Quicktime movie in ArchiCAD 9?
More frames between cameras.
Anonymous
Not applicable
s2art wrote:
grenderer wrote:
How do I make a longer, and much slower Quicktime movie in ArchiCAD 9?
More frames between cameras.
OK, thanks. Will more cameras (keyframes) in my path help as well?
Also, I might stall at each keyframe too.....anything to add more time to this presentation.

Todd
Anonymous
Not applicable
More keyframes will give more control of path (if you need it). As for stalling at each keyframe, this might look a bit odd if you move to a point, pause, move off again, pause. Maybe if you pause, then start from a different point (i.e. new path, probably with a pause at start too) and edit scenes together.
Check this thread from Dwight http://archicad-talk.graphisoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=6665 , and if it doesn't put you off completely try the combination with "quality stills" idea. Sounds good to me, haven't had a chance to use it yet myself.
Anonymous
Not applicable
s2art wrote:
More keyframes will give more control of path (if you need it). As for stalling at each keyframe, this might look a bit odd if you move to a point, pause, move off again, pause. Maybe if you pause, then start from a different point (i.e. new path, probably with a pause at start too) and edit scenes together.
Check this thread from Dwight http://archicad-talk.graphisoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=6665 , and if it doesn't put you off completely try the combination with "quality stills" idea. Sounds good to me, haven't had a chance to use it yet myself.

Thanks, Stuart (and everyone else), I shall look into that too.

Todd