Choose your top Archicad wishes!

Read more
Visualization
About built-in and 3rd party, classic and real-time rendering solutions, settings, workflows, etc.

Rendering workflow

Anonymous
Not applicable
Here is a pic of The Proposed New Tooradin light Plane Airport..

This is a Combo of Archicad, 3dsmax and Artlantis.

Archicad: to draw 99% of it.
3dmax: to make the 'aircraft wing shaped columns'... (5 mins in 3dmax.. impossible for archicad)
Artlantis to render... I hate the final render result... hate the plants.. I hate most of or artlantis library here, It was a break though for us when i made a 'rock' (billboard), I'll have to make some new parts when i find time.
I then put it back into Max to do the glare effects. (although they are inconsistant.) I'm still young to 3d, with a long way to go.

If i'd have done in now I wouldn't have used artlantis, I would have used the lightworks in archicad... great results as seen in my next post... but trees and plants billboards can't use them.

dbroughton

1 FINAL.jpg
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable
here is an ALL ARCHICAD image..

This is a sport Pavilian project i'm doing just for fun
Karl Ottenstein
dbroughton wrote:
here is an ALL ARCHICAD image..

This is a sport Pavilian project i'm doing just for fun
You mentioned the lack of billboards...

You would be delighted to find how quickly and easily you could populate this nice image with people, drinks on the table, plants, etc with Piranesi. Any image can be a masked, shadow-casting billboard, dragged into place with proper perspective and scale.

(Piranesi isn't just for non-photorealistic work. But, it's a few $$.)

Karl
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.7, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
stefan
Expert
dbroughton wrote:
Here is a pic of The Proposed New Tooradin light Plane Airport..
This is a Combo of Archicad, 3dsmax and Artlantis.
Archicad: to draw 99% of it.
3dmax: to make the 'aircraft wing shaped columns'... (5 mins in 3dmax.. impossible for archicad)
Artlantis to render... I hate the final render result... hate the plants.. I hate most of or artlantis library here, It was a break though for us when i made a 'rock' (billboard), I'll have to make some new parts when i find time. I then put it back into Max to do the glare effects. (although they are inconsistant.) I'm still young to 3d, with a long way to go.
If i'd have done in now I wouldn't have used artlantis, I would have used the lightworks in archicad... great results as seen in my next post... but trees and plants billboards can't use them.
dbroughton
Why not use 3ds max for rendering? It beats all others you mentioned on rendering power. It's surely not an easy application, but if you dislike Art*lantis and allready use 3ds max, you can easily do the renderings over there...
--- stefan boeykens --- bim-expert-architect-engineer-musician ---
Archicad27/Revit2023/Rhino8/Unity/Solibri/Zoom
MBP2023:14"M2MAX/Sonoma+Win11
Archicad-user since 1998
my Archicad Book
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks Guys for that quick reply. 3dmax is unreal.. I plan to do the full training I've already put this airport into it and started rendering and animating but nothing to show yet... Takes a long time. ... I don't have plants however.
I've learned 3dmax heaps built rigged a few characters, a butterfly and my own wizard with half a pet dragon and people from archicad.. even worked out how to rigg a car inserted from Archicad, so that the wheels turn in the right direction while following a path for the airport scene. (that was hard and sometimes goes crazy), but... I just need to find the time...If only I didn't need to sleep or work....

Archicad's built in rendering is just so fast... it's not that hard to use, once you understand the internal render and lightworks render are not linked. (you treat them seperate)

attached is a pic of an rigged man from archicad in 3d max.

Thanks Karl i'll look up Piranesi right away...... i hope it's an actual addon to use inside archicad itself an not just another artlantis or photoshop (take too long)... Clients are waiting, and they wanted it yesterday.

dale
bloke.jpg