Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Visualization
About built-in and 3rd party, classic and real-time rendering solutions, settings, workflows, etc.

New member ...

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi everyone, I´ve recently discovered this forum and found a lot of useful tips and tricks that saved hours i would spend to find them out I´m a bit dissapointed that lightworks rendering engine is only briefly described in AC user guide, so i can´t wait for the Dwight´s new book - is there already a date of coming out ?

I´ve just graduated from faculty of architecture in prague so i´ve attached a sample from my diploma project - my first one done in AC 9.0 ..

Resize of 2.jpg
17 REPLIES 17
Anonymous
Not applicable
It is great.
Did you have done just with AC9?
Your rendering with color is very strong.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Very nice work. The muted color does well to blend the real and rendered.

A pictue is worth a thousand words, you only gave us about 7 dozen. Please explain more about this project and rendering.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Yep, it´s been made only in AC 9.0 and enhanced in photoshop. I got the 9.0 just about three weeks before completing the project, but I was pretty happy with the result, especially when considering my low level of lightworks knowledge. The building is a design center for a czech car manufacturer - Skoda Auto, it´s proposed for developing new cars and prototypes, analyzing other manufaturer´s products and some administration. In the fron part of the middle "tower" is a big car lift that transports the cars to different levels and attracts pedestrians from outside.
Resize of 1.jpg
Anonymous
Not applicable
another one ... with scamped photoshop job
Resize of 3.jpg
Anonymous
Not applicable
this is just 9.0 (except for the car, of course )
Anonymous
Not applicable
First congratulation for your graduation.
Your rendering skill is incredible.
Ok, you have done with LW and color with Photoshop.

First of all it is very nice, how you can mix the real background picture with your architecture, so perfect.
Please send your work to graphisoft design showcase.
And now you young guy, please say your rendering methode with the background picture.
Anonymous
Not applicable
2samsung: Thank you for the nice comments I´ve already sent the renderings to the design showcase, I don´t know when is the next round ... I didn´t get your question about the background picture - I´ve rendered the building with white background and matched with the photo in photoshop - soften edges, erase parts with objects in front/behind the building and enhanced some details (reflection in water, facades, etc.). I can´t say a lot about the LW rendering settings in archicad - as I said, I had no time to learn any methods, so I´ve just guessed. I made it on a slow laptop (P4 1,6GHz, 256Mb RAM) , so I couldn´t have experimented so much. I also had problems with matching the desired color, the laptop´s lcd and the printer.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi welcome aboard,

This is a reason why I like ArchiCAD- that one can readily produce amazing vizualization with minimum effort.

And man I like the way you have merged the model with the surroundings, it's hard to believe that it was not a camera matching in ArchiCAD

Regards,
Anonymous
Not applicable
2Mbarouk: It was a camera matching in ArchiCAD I just rendered the image with white background ...