Visualization
About built-in and 3rd party, classic and real-time rendering solutions, settings, workflows, etc.

Why does sky object add grain? HS student who needs help

Anonymous
Not applicable
Well, I taught myself Archicad, and I have a question about the two pictures I'm posting. The one image was with the sky object on, and it is grainy. Why is that? Look near the sky light, that's where you see it the most.

Also I'm just looking for general comments. I've had no formal training of any kind, I just teach myself CAD programs, and I want to become an architect. This has been my dream since I was in 2nd grade. I just finished my senior high at high school.

Thanks for any help!

4 REPLIES 4
Dwight
Newcomer
Good for you. But instead of studying CAD processes at such an early stage, I recommend that you study freehand sketching, historic buildings, ballroom dancing, aristocratic speaking and men's fashions if you want to become an architect instead of an architect's stooge.

In Archicad, some lighting is created by the ray-tracing method, involving a process called "sampling." When you see grain in a rendering, your sampling is too small for the rendering size. Ray tracing in engaged whenever Archicad uses "realistic method' lighting.

Increase the number samples to 256 for almost certain success.
Dwight Atkinson
Anonymous
Not applicable
Dwight wrote:
Good for you. But instead of studying CAD processes at such an early stage, I recommend that you study freehand sketching, historic buildings, ballroom dancing, aristocratic speaking and men's fashions if you want to become an architect instead of an architect's stooge.

In Archicad, some lighting is created by the ray-tracing method, involving a process called "sampling." When you see grain in a rendering, your sampling is too small for the rendering size. Ray tracing in engaged whenever Archicad uses "realistic method' lighting.

Increase the number samples to 256 for almost certain success.
Thanks for the advice. I do want to study historic buildings more, I'm guess I'll be doing a lot of that freshman year. I do know a lot about Frank Lloyd Wright though, but people either love him or hate him so that doesn't help me much.

I am wondering though, why ballroom dancing?
Dwight
Newcomer
To assist you in marrying a rich politician's daughter, of course.
Ask Adamvk.

Call me: Frank Lloyd Dwight
Dwight Atkinson
Anonymous
Not applicable
Dwight wrote:
To assist you in marrying a rich politician's daughter, of course.
Ask Adamvk.

Call me: Frank Lloyd Dwight
Haha ok I'll call you Frank Lloyd Dwight.

And why would adamvk know that?