Choose your top Archicad wishes!

Read more
Visualization
About built-in and 3rd party, classic and real-time rendering solutions, settings, workflows, etc.

creat a rendering that looks like a water color?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hey guys,
i have a client that wouldl like me to do some schematic renderings and really like the look of water color or a hand marker rendering. Is this possible with ArchiCAD, lightworks, Artlantis? If so can some one give me some setting so i can test this out. i have posted an example of the style they wanted...really in a time crunch on this one.
32 REPLIES 32
Anonymous
Not applicable
ok so this is what i have so far, now keep in mind i really only had one day to do this project from start to finish. i.e. design, build model, and render final image. I could not get a water color look that i like using light works and photoshop so i did a combination of light works, sketch render and photoshop. Let me know what you guys think.
FINAL SANDPIPER.jpg
Rakela Raul
Participant
i think it is beautiful.. ..and whatever's technike is also really nice

i wish u could post a step by step procedure
MACBKPro /32GiG / 240SSD
AC V6 to V18 - RVT V11 to V16
Anonymous
Not applicable
yeah like i mentioned before very simple
take your light works rendering ( make sure its a saved view so its the same as the next step) and bring it to photoshop
TEST-1.jpg
Anonymous
Not applicable
then use the sketch render with the pen and ink setting how every you like it.
Anonymous
Not applicable
take both of these images into photoshop and make sure the sketch image its on the bottom layer so every thing looks more artistic and faded. then add the light works image on top of that set to about 50% opacity, then fill in your back round with the actual site images also set to 50% so it all matches
Rakela Raul
Participant
super !!!!, thx a ton b.t.
MACBKPro /32GiG / 240SSD
AC V6 to V18 - RVT V11 to V16
Robert Fuchs
Booster
That rendering looks great. I had a client want the same style for their project. I rendered it in Artlantis and did a sketch rendering in AC. I did as you, in that I layered the images. I put the colored image on bottom and the sketched image on top. I ran the water color filter in PS on the colored image
then used the texture filter on the colored image to make it look like it was on canvas. I then used the eraser @ 50% trans to erase the sketch rendering
till I got the effect I wanted.
Robert Fuchs
Miller Bosksus Lack Architects, P.A.
2x2.26GHz Quad-Core Intel Xeon w/10 GB RAM
Mac OSX 10.6.4, AC 14 (3004 USA Full)
Anonymous
Not applicable
This is great stuff guys. I have been advocating this approach for a long time and it's great to see such good work. I get tired sometimes of all the obsession over radiosity, caustics and all the other stuff that it takes to make "photo" renderings that don't work (no matter how good they are) for schematic phase presentations. It is refreshing to see renderings that begin to approach the artistic quality of hand techniques.
Anonymous
Not applicable
I agree, i mean photo rendering have a great use with completed design and for marketing purposes. For S.D and early on these rendering do not give the client the idea that the design is finished. This gives a great hand sketched feeling and even if all the details are not worked out you cant tell.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Ok so the client wanted to see more veggitation so here is latest version