Visualization
About built-in and 3rd party, classic and real-time rendering solutions, settings, workflows, etc.

"LightWorks in ArchiCAD" Special File Download

Dwight
Newcomer
Registered users of the "LightWorks in ArchiCAD" book have received encoded downloading instructions via email.

This is a bonus to purchasers of the book and includes:

-- several hundred lightworks surfaces derived from the LightWorks Archives that come with ArchiCAD.

-- base models and solutions to many of the exercises in the book.

I still have several books left if you were even partly interested.

Best Holiday wishes to all.
Dwight Atkinson
18 REPLIES 18
Erika Epstein
Booster
Dwight wrote:
In view of the fact that less than 10% of buyers have registered, I should have put in a card or something obvious instead of expecting folks to actually read the book.

Nah, This way we'll see who has what it takes to be a real LWer.

Reminds me of those exams where you are told to read through the entire exam before starting. Those that did found the last line said not to answer any questions. Those that didn't failed miserably because they answered all the questions!
Erika
Architect, Consultant
MacBook Pro Retina, 15-inch Yosemite 2.8 GHz Intel Core i7 16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
Mac OSX 10.11.1
AC5-18
Onuma System

"Implementing Successful Building Information Modeling"
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi Dwight,
Seasons Greetings

I have emailed the registration info twice and have not had an email in regards to the file download.
There probably still lost in ciber space with the other 90%.
Dwight
Newcomer
How about now?
Dwight Atkinson
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks Dwight
Downloading NOW
I would like to ask a ?
i am abel to produce Glass(material) at varying colours/transparencies quite easily for use in the Internal & Lightworks Engines
However they don't work in Open GL which is where i would like to use them
i can only adjust the transparency from 70%(solid) to 71% (100%Clear)
been trying for days.
Is there some documented trick to doing this.
Dwight
Newcomer
ArchiCAD doesn't support partial transparency in OpenGL, altho the OpenGL language normally does.

Wishlist, anyone?

ArchiCAD permits defining invisibility arbitrarily - see attached.

There is a workaround to get partially opaque glass. Page 192 of LightWorks in ArchiCAD describes a Photoshop layer technique where two OpenGL renderings combine to make transparent, but not invisible, glass.

The basics:

In Photoshop: A partly transparent OpenGL image with opaque glass is overlaid on an identical OpenGL image with invisible glass.

Viola - partly transparent glass.

This is easier to do than it seems.
opengl.jpg
Dwight Atkinson
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks for the clarification Dwight
Appreciated
stefan
Expert
Dwight wrote:
In view of the fact that less than 10% of buyers have registered, I should have put in a card or something obvious instead of expecting folks to actually read the book.

Duh.
Well, maybe for a version2 you can mail an empty book, with only this info on the cover and then send the real book when they register? Isn't that what they do with software license registrations?

Who cares about a few extra trees?

P.S. I sent you a paypal-payment today for the book 😉
--- stefan boeykens --- bim-expert-architect-engineer-musician ---
Archicad27/Revit2023/Rhino8/Unity/Solibri/Zoom
MBP2023:14"M2MAX/Sonoma+Win11
Archicad-user since 1998
my Archicad Book
Dwight
Newcomer
And thank you. I have sent the coded downloading instructions for the BONUS files in a private email.

This book is wonderful. I am constantly receiving compliments on its value to ArchiCAD users.

Many people feel it is expensive, but not after they hold it and use it. This book solves LightWorks problems you didn't even know you had.
Dwight Atkinson
TomWaltz
Participant
Dwight wrote:
Many people feel it is expensive, but not after they hold it and use it. This book solves LightWorks problems you didn't even know you had.
I think you almost have to look at "Lightworks in Archicad" the same way you look at something like "Architectural Graphic Standards."

Yes, the cost is higher than normal books, but the quality of information and quantity of high-quality information are both extremely high and should be considered essential for day-to-day operations.
Tom Waltz