Choose your top Archicad wishes!

Read more
Archicad AI Visualizer
Discussions about Archicad AI Visualizer.

AI doesn't work

Martin_S
Participant

The AI for Archicad 27 isn't functioning on my MacBook Pro M1. I'm encountering the following error message: RuntimeError: MPS backend out of memory (MPS allocated: 16.84 GB, other allocations: 1.30 GB, max allowed: 18.13 GB). Tried to allocate 10.00 MB on private pool. Use PYTORCH_MPS_HIGH_WATERMARK_RATIO=0.0 to disable upper limit for memory allocations (may cause system failure).

Bildschirmfoto 2023-11-17 um 22.45.38.png

12 REPLIES 12
wilson0083
Participant
Thanks, Norbert. 

As per my screenshot above, I should exceed the 8 GB as I have 32 GB available in total. I am a bit of an armature with hardware - am I missing something? Or does the AI plugin need 8 GB dedicated as a minimum (I have 6 GB)? If so, is there a way to configure it to use the shared GPU? The last line of the command prompt suggests "See documentation for memory management and PYTORCH_CUDA_ALLOC_CONF". Does Graphisoft provide this documentation?

13th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i9-13900HX 2.20 GHz, 64 GB RAM, Nvidia GeForce 4050 Laptop GPU 32GB, 2 TB PCIe 4.0 NVMe SSD
1X32" (3840x2160), WIN11 PRO ENG, AC9-AC27

Hi, Norbert.

Yes, the simple fix I described previously continues to work. I've been generating images with no problem.

Happy New Year to you as well.

Hi wilson0083,

Thanks for your answer.

Shared GPU usage is not doable at the moment. The Add-on requires 8 GB if dedicated VRAM, you have 6 GB.

The "PYTORCH_CUDA_ALLOC_CONF " does not help this case unfortunately. 

Sorry for the inconvenience.

Kind regards,

Norbert Kucsma

Technical Support Engineer

Didn't find the answer?

Check other topics in this Forum

Back to Forum

Read the latest accepted solutions!

Accepted Solutions

Start a new conversation!