Due to a scheduled maintenance, a maximum 20 minutes license delivery outage may be expected on July 6 2024 (Saturday) between 6PM to 8PM (CEST).
Archicad C++ API
About Archicad add-on development using the C++ API.

BIMmTool throws my Plugin out of the Window

Joel Buehler
Enthusiast

Hehey evryone. 

I have a strange problem: When on a Machine the "BIMmTool" Plugin is also installed, my Plugin won't work. 

The Debug information isn't to helpfull. it jus says that "Abnormal add-on termination ("C")" and then "Archicad.exe' (Win32): Unloaded 'C:\XXX\Add-Ons\AC2MESS\AC2MESSV04.apx" 

I cant get any further debug information since im not even getting to any functions like the initializiation etc. 

In the Add-On Manager is no Problem shown with my Plugin. 

Does anyone have a clue how i can find out where the problem is? 

Funny thing is, that the BIMmTool Add-On works just fine.. lol... 

3 REPLIES 3
scottjm
Advisor

So your adding runs correctly when BIMmTool is not installed and /or just set not to load in Archicad?

what about with a compiled release version of your apx?

also can you replicate the behaviour on a different computer?

Scott J. Moore | Fulton Trotter Architects | BIM Manager, Associate, Architect
Since AC13 | Current versions AC23.7000 & AC26.5002 | BIMCloud Basic | Python, GDL, VBA, PHP, SQL, CSS
Certified Graphisoft BIM Manger (2022)
Win 10, i9-9900K, 32GB, Quadro P2200, 500GB NVMe

Hehey Scottjm

"So your adding runs correctly when BIMmTool is not installed"

- Yes, deactivating BIMmTool with either deinstalling, removing the BIMmTool from the folder or doing the folder renaming trick (xxx) makes that my Plugin works again

"and /or just set not to load in Archicad?"

- Yes deactivation BIMmTool in the Add-On Manager makes, that my Plugin works correctly. 

"what about with a compiled release version of your apx?"

- All versions, debugging and releas build are affected. 

"also can you replicate the behaviour on a different computer?"

- thats wy i found out. i had users come to me with "the plugin stopped working" 

- all machines i know of where the BIMmTool got installed, is my plugin bricked.

any ideas? 😞

users are not happy at the moment and i just dont understand where the problem could be. 

Hi Joel,

Could you please check for any overlaps between DLLs used by your add-on and BIMmTool? (if you/they use any)

Maybe the add-ons use different versions of the same library? Or you both use the same library which is initialized from both add-ons, but it shouldn't be initialized twice?

Also, please send me any bug report ID you receive so that I can take a closer look.

Best, Akos