Archicad C++ API
About Archicad add-on development using the C++ API.

DevKit Installer features

Andras Babos
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni
Hi All,

I'm just about to rewrite the API DevKit Installer. I'd be interested in how many of you have ever used the
a) repair functionality
b) modify functionality
of the current installer. (You know, if you start the uninstaller it starts with a page offering 3 possibilities: repair/modify/remove.)
I'm asking because the new installer I'm planning to use doesn't offer this functionality out-of-the-box, so if there's no demand for the repair/modify functionality, I'm willing to let it go. Also modify is easier to implement than repair, so if there's demand for modify, but repair seems unnecessary, then so be it.

Regards:
Andras.
14 REPLIES 14
Andras Babos
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni
TomWaltz wrote:
Oh, sure, favor the WINDOWS people! 😉
BTW, what's your problem with the bundle installer?

Andras.
TomWaltz
Participant
Andras wrote:
TomWaltz wrote:
Oh, sure, favor the WINDOWS people! 😉
BTW, what's your problem with the bundle installer?

Andras.
Nothing really, just that it requires an actual "Install" and Administrator password. Does it actually install anything to the system? To me it seems like it would be simpler to just have a big ZIP file.
Tom Waltz
Anonymous
Not applicable
That registry key exists

I have visual studio 6.0 and visual studio .net 2003.

Before getting .net 2003 I installed the msdn 2001. The 6.1 devkit was integrated into this until I ran the fix option - I now get the error 'cannot open the file c:\........\2001OCT\1033\MSDN130.col'.

Are you saying it should integrate into .net 2003? If its not simple to fix I can just uninstall and reinstall.
Andras Babos
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni
adambutler wrote:
That registry key exists

I have visual studio 6.0 and visual studio .net 2003.

Before getting .net 2003 I installed the msdn 2001. The 6.1 devkit was integrated into this until I ran the fix option - I now get the error 'cannot open the file c:\........\2001OCT\1033\MSDN130.col'.

Are you saying it should integrate into .net 2003? If its not simple to fix I can just uninstall and reinstall.

OK, I think I've got it. So you installed the API DevKit on a Visual Studio 6.0 and integrated the help into MSDN 2001. Then you installed VS.NET 2003, and when you didn't have integrated API help in it you ran the installer with the repair option, which in turn said 'cannot open the file c:\........\2001OCT\1033\MSDN130.col', right?
If this is the case then reinstalling should help. (I think you do not even have the new version help files on your computer - check for *.HxI and *.HxS in your DevKit folder - so I cannot suggest you any other way.)

HTH:
Andras.
Anonymous
Not applicable
I got a catastropic falure when uninstalling the devkit, then used the modify option to re-install. Then I change the vs.net enviroment option help/prefred collection to 'visual studio .net 2003 combined help collection' and it now works

Didn't find the answer?

Check other topics in this Forum

Back to Forum

Read the latest accepted solutions!

Accepted Solutions

Start a new conversation!