Choose your top Archicad wishes!

Read more
Archicad C++ API
About Archicad add-on development using the C++ API.
SOLVED!

How can I obtain data from the work scheme?

luna
Contributor

I am currently working on plugin development for ARCHICAD, I want to obtain some data for the current project from the worksheet created by the user. 

Can you provide some suggestions on which API to use?

A more detailed version would be better. ^^

AC2.png

Thank you. ^^

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Solution
scottjm
Advisor

I am by no means an API expert, but I am led to believe there are no API functions for the interactive schedule. 

More than happy to be proven wrong though. 🤞

Scott J. Moore | Fulton Trotter Architects | BIM Manager, Associate, Architect
Since AC13 | Current versions AC23.7000 & AC26.5002 | BIMCloud Basic | Python, GDL, VBA, PHP, SQL, CSS
Certified Graphisoft BIM Manger (2022)
Win 10, i9-9900K, 32GB, Quadro P2200, 500GB NVMe

View solution in original post

Solution

That sounds correct to me.

Schedules just gather information from the model, so the API will need to do the same.

Get it from the model and not the schedules.

Barry.

One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
Solution
scottjm
Advisor

I am by no means an API expert, but I am led to believe there are no API functions for the interactive schedule. 

More than happy to be proven wrong though. 🤞

Scott J. Moore | Fulton Trotter Architects | BIM Manager, Associate, Architect
Since AC13 | Current versions AC23.7000 & AC26.5002 | BIMCloud Basic | Python, GDL, VBA, PHP, SQL, CSS
Certified Graphisoft BIM Manger (2022)
Win 10, i9-9900K, 32GB, Quadro P2200, 500GB NVMe

lol

That not very good, ty. ^^

Solution

That sounds correct to me.

Schedules just gather information from the model, so the API will need to do the same.

Get it from the model and not the schedules.

Barry.

One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11

Yes, I think there's a problem with my thinking.

Thank you.

i had to do the same: implement my own version of the schedules. that really sucks since there has to go a lot of development time in to that. but on the other hand it allows you to implement a schedule version that suits you're use case the best. i built a add-on for quantification for a construction administration programm. i added a selection management like solibri, that you can add properties and other stuff: so good thing is, you can develop a schedule system that suits your requirements bestwise 🙂 

JoelBuehler_0-1692794902458.png

some tipps i wished i knew before: 

1. api calls are costly, how ever you plan to implement your schedules, you have to outline your architecture that you do as less as possible api calls. 

the answers from @BerndSchwarzenbacher in this post: https://community.graphisoft.com/t5/Developer-forum/Fastest-way-to-query-Database-for-specific-User-... helped me a lot. 

2. the api error codes are somethimes hard to get something meaningfull out of them. best way is to take a call that works and customizing untill you break it and never go full in. 

hope that helps a little.. 

wow:)

The functions I need to implement are very similar to yours. hah

The information you provided is very rich, and I need to spend some time thinking and testing.

If possible, I would like to keep in touch with you because I have just started developing ARCHICAD Add-On.

Because I have just started developing the ARCHICAD plugin, I am not sure how to implement the desired functionality now, I am just doing some testing to Get properties. xD

Thank you. 

This is very helpful 🙂

im allways glad if i can help 😃 

thats the right way!  do some testing until you get the hang of it. little step by little step.  😃 

and don't forget to take a close look on the properties example solution from the development kit. and be advised: important property quantification stuff is not in the properties example but in the element example:

JoelBuehler_0-1692883628242.png

i found that uncool... xD 

Thank you for taking the time. Joel.

Your example inspired me.

🙂

Best wishes,

Allen

Didn't find the answer?

Check other topics in this Forum

Back to Forum

Read the latest accepted solutions!

Accepted Solutions