BIMx
About BIMx (mobile, web and desktop), connection to BIMcloud, and related technical questions.

Add elements with preconfigured URLs to a model

Anonymous
Not applicable
I'd like to embed URLs to an external target in a BIMx model. So far I figured out how I can add that info manually to 3D elements (http://helpcenter.graphisoft.com/tips/bimx/custom-info/). But what I'd like to do is to generate separate elements which already have a URL attached to them and import them into an ARCHICAD project, so that they can be placed in the model and when viewed with the app can be interacted with in order to open the respective URL.

I like to think of them as little "buttons" that an ARCHICAD user can put into the model and a BIMx user can press in the app. The main difference to the common way of adding URLs is that the model creator should not be bothered with manually entering URLs in a dialog, but instead just drops in a preconfigured element.

Is there an existing solution for this, is this possible at all (e.g. by generating a library containing such elements)? I know this is not strictly a BIMx questions, but it neither is strictly an ARCHICAD question...

Thanks in advance!
0 REPLIES 0