BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

BIMx
About BIMx (mobile, web and desktop), connection to BIMcloud, and related technical questions.

Bimx AC 18

Anonymous
Not applicable
In AC 18 I used Save As for a simple Bimx model. Works fine and I am able to "fly" except the mouse doesn't work like it does in ArchiCad. I am unable to aim my viewpoint (as in a FPS game.)

I did download a model of one of the online examples and the mouse works fine there. What am I doing wrong?

thanks!
10 REPLIES 10
Barry Kelly
Is it the parallel/perspective view?
F8 is the keyboard shortcut.

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi Barry:

No, it is in the perspective view. The parallel view doesn't seem to work at all.

Everything seems to work (WASD, c and space bar) except the mouse,

thanks
Anonymous
Not applicable
Ok, so I think I have fixed the problem. First, I discovered that when you press escape to show the menus, the keyboard controls will work, but the mouse will not. I don't know why that would be the case, but it is.

I remade the model in AC 17 and the mouse seemed to work better, but I wasn't quite sure as it was still erratic. Then I tried another mouse and that made no difference. Finally, I found the mouse settings under Settings (I thought they would have been under Controls) and turned the inversion on and off. And that seems to have fixed the problem! At least for the moment. Apparently, no one else has had any navigation issues in Bimx?

I use the fly mode in AC a lot when designing and have always been frustrated by the speed adjustment which seemed to be either very, very slow or way too fast. I was really surprised to find that the speed adjustment in AC18 was much better. What a difference a small thing like that can make in your everyday use!
David Maudlin
Virtuoso
Don wrote:
I discovered that when you press escape to show the menus, the keyboard controls will work, but the mouse will not. I don't know why that would be the case, but it is.
The mouse is needed to choose between the various settings. If the mouse was active for the model navigation, you couldn't get it back to the settings area, or it would be controlling navigation and settings choice at the same time.

David
David Maudlin / Architect
www.davidmaudlin.com
Digital Architecture
AC27 USA • iMac 27" 4.0GHz Quad-core i7 OSX11 | 24 gb ram • MacBook Pro M3 Pro | 36 gb ram OSX14
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi David:

Now that you explain it, it makes complete sense! Not sure why I had to fool with the mouse inversion settings to get it to work, but it does, so all is fine.

thanks,

Don
Roopa A
Contributor
Hai

In AC 18, File > Save as > bimx option is not showing. Am active in 3D window only.

I have AC 19 & 20, now for BIMx I installed AC 18.

Thank you
Roopa A S
vistasp
Advisor
Roopa, it's not a "save-as" option.
= v i s t a s p =
bT Square Peg
https://archicadstuff.blogspot.com
https://www.btsquarepeg.com
| AC 9-27 INT | Win11 | Ryzen 5700 | 32 GB | RTX 3050 |
Roopa A
Contributor
Hi,

But in 18 in our system it's showing for file > save as > bimx.
But this option is not showing in mac machine.

Thank you
Roopa A S
Roopa A
Contributor
Hi,

In AC20, while we save file as BIMx from Hypermodel, its showing as BIMx package failed. Y?
For other projects its working.

Thank You
Roopa A S
Learn and get certified!