BIMx
About BIMx (mobile, web and desktop), connection to BIMcloud, and related technical questions.

BIMx file size

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hello everyone,

I'd like to know if anyone here has ( or had) the same issue with bimx as we have in agency.
Actually, we can't upload a bim x file that weights more than 70 Mb to our Ipad Pro (iOS 11.0.2) .

We work on AC 20, Windows 7, and we use Google Drive as an upload platform.
What happens is just BIMx on iPad crashes or simply doesn't respond at every attempt to open a file bigger than 70mb.

Has anyone an idea? I'm thankful for any solution !

Kind regards,
Masha
3 REPLIES 3
Erwin Edel
Rockstar
We use our bit of space on the https://bimx.graphisoft.com/ BIMx model transfer site. You get a nice preview pic (if you added one in your project preview settings in archicad), you can already use the webviewer there to navigate the model if you wish and the different download options with links are clear.

Here's an older link from one of our projects as an example: https://bimx.graphisoft.com/model/2784013f-5f8d-4fdb-bd10-b985ee1e7d39

You can send that link to email and just open it on your device and it will start downloading the model. We find this is also the easiest way to get BIMx on our office iPads.
Erwin Edel, Project Lead, Leloup Architecten
www.leloup.nl

ArchiCAD 9-26NED FULL
Windows 10 Pro
Adobe Design Premium CS5
Szabolcs Miko
Graphisoft
Graphisoft
MHightech wrote:
Hello everyone,

I'd like to know if anyone here has ( or had) the same issue with bimx as we have in agency.
Actually, we can't upload a bim x file that weights more than 70 Mb to our Ipad Pro (iOS 11.0.2) .

We work on AC 20, Windows 7, and we use Google Drive as an upload platform.
What happens is just BIMx on iPad crashes or simply doesn't respond at every attempt to open a file bigger than 70mb.

Has anyone an idea? I'm thankful for any solution !

Kind regards,
Masha

Hi Masha,

Does it crash when you open the 3D or the file itself? Opening the 3D depends on the available memory (RAM) on the device. You mentioned an Ipad pro, which should have more than enough to open a 70mb hyper model, but still..the case is suspiciously similar.

Szabolcs Mikó

Education Program Manager

Anonymous
Not applicable
Mikó,

The BIMX at our Ipad Pro crashes simply trying import the file from Google drive. Sometimes it craches, sometimes it shows "processing" infinitely, so I have to stop it.

We have an 12.9 inch IPad pro, it seems to have 4Gb of RAM wich should be enough...

An Architect guest at one of the Eric Bobrows recent webinars have mentioned that his ipad starts having problems at 500 mb file size approximately...

Didn't find the answer?

Check other topics in this Forum

Back to Forum

Read the latest accepted solutions!

Accepted Solutions

Start a new conversation!