BIMx
About BIMx (mobile, web and desktop), connection to BIMcloud, and related technical questions.

BIMx file type missing from my save as dialogue

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi,

I would firstly like to introduce myself, I'm an Architectural Designer from Sydney and have recently switched over from Revit to Archicad. I'm enjoying Archicad very much but still have lots to learn. Due to my switch, I purchased Archicad 18 from a friend of mine and it is a legit copy. Everything works when I installed it however I seem to be missing the BIMx file type from the save as dialogue whenever I go to save. I switch my view to the perspective 3D view before saving. I do apologies if this is a stupid questions but I'm very new to Archicad and don't know my way around as much yet.

Thank you for your help.
3 REPLIES 3
Erika Epstein
Booster
From your 3D window
File, Publish BIMX hyper model
Erika
Architect, Consultant
MacBook Pro Retina, 15-inch Yosemite 2.8 GHz Intel Core i7 16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
Mac OSX 10.11.1
AC5-18
Onuma System

"Implementing Successful Building Information Modeling"
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi,

That option is greyed out. I checked the add-ons manager and there's an issue with the BIMx add on. It says something along the lines of "Error while checking the environment" I do have the BIMx folder in the setup folder but it doesn't seem to be working.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi, using archicad 17 in trial version I tried to save the model in bimx but when it's converting the textures it crashes and closes itself. What can I do????