BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
BIMx
About BIMx (mobile, web and desktop), connection to BIMcloud, and related technical questions.

BIMx suggestion for graphics clarity

Anonymous
Not applicable
I think what Graphisoft did with hypermodel with BIMx is extremely excellent. I'm using BIMx Pro. I have one suggestion for improving graphics clarity.

When I see a drawing in the model, it seems like BIMx is showing all of the model graphics that appear on the sheet, including all the 3D-driven graphics that are flattened onto the sheet plane, and then returning all of those graphics back into the 3D view area where the sheet is presented in place.

In my opinion, that causes a redundancy that reduces the clarity of the fusion of the drawing inside the 3D model. A good solution would be for BIMx/ArchiCAD to:

1: recognize the difference between two kinds of graphics on sheets:

A: Graphics that are on the sheet because they are a view of the 3D model, flattened, and
B: Extra graphics that I added to the sheet on top of the model-driven graphics (dimensions, text, extra 2D graphics I add for un-modeled detail to the drawing...)

2. It's the "B" graphics that BIMx should show up in the hypermodel in 3D. The "A" graphics are redundant and get in the way of seeing as clearly as possible the meaning of a slice through a model with the sheet "B" graphics in-situ assisting. The "A" graphics should be omitted when the sheet is viewed in-situ in the 3D model.

This is no complaint. I'm blown away by BIMx! I hope for a slight improvement in graphical reading with this suggestion. BIMx rocks
6 REPLIES 6
DGSketcher
Legend
There is a feedback option in Bimx (certainly on the iOS version). I have used it a few times and usually get a response within 24hrs. You may be better using that option to share your ideas as I'm not so sure the Bimx team hang around here much.
Apple iMac Intel i9 / macOS Sonoma / AC27UKI (most recent builds.. if they work)
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thank you! I’ll go there
rob2218
Enthusiast
The way BIMx shows sheets superimposed on the cutaway BIM model is superb. Leave it alone. Don't futs with it....it'll only make it worse.
Its fine the way it works now and clients can easily interpret that whats not "cut" in the 2d flat view is what it is.....so please...........GS don't try to fix the wheel, it's working and working well.

What I would suggest is you work on the qwerks in the BIMxLab software. Those dreaded crashes that occur on the latest Ipad Pro with all the bells and whistles...that's what I'd like to see improved.

Also the graphic display on the BIMx Labs model is very sharp and nice..............keep up the good work.
...Bobby Hollywood live from...
i>u
Edgewater, FL!
SOFTWARE VERSION:
Archicad 22, Archicad 23
Windows7 -OS, MAC Maverick OS
Barry Kelly
As mentioned before, BIMx Labs is an experimental version of the app, so that Graphisoft can figure out what works well and then transfer the features to the BIMx and BIMxPro apps.

https://archicad-talk.graphisoft.com/viewtopic.php?f=42&t=67180

This way they are not messing with the working BIMx and BIMxPro apps while we are trying to use them.

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
rob2218
Enthusiast
Awesome...great, I get it. Experimental = BIMx Lab

;wonderful......so, when will it be implemented in BIMx Pro?
If I already purchased BIMx Pro....will I have to re-purchase it again or will it be auto-updated when BIMxLab gets settled into the BIMPro?
Thanks,
...Bobby Hollywood live from...
i>u
Edgewater, FL!
SOFTWARE VERSION:
Archicad 22, Archicad 23
Windows7 -OS, MAC Maverick OS
Barry Kelly
rob2218 wrote:
;wonderful......so, when will it be implemented in BIMx Pro?

Soon hopefully.

rob2218 wrote:
If I already purchased BIMx Pro....will I have to re-purchase it again or will it be auto-updated when BIMxLab gets settled into the BIMPro?

If it is incorporated into the existing BIMx apps then I would assume (and hope) not.

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Learn and get certified!